Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kidou Practice Range

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

Reiryoku : 44960

RP Profile
Race: Shinigami
Class: 13th Division Captain

Kidou Practice Range Empty
PostSubject: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:06 pm

*Tenkai followed the teacher in the line until they exited the building that the classes were in. They continued walking outside along the buildings until they came to a large area which was surrounded by large wooden fences. The area inside the fence was very large and had targets and practice dummies at the end of lanes. This was most likely the place that they would be practicing their kidou. They walked into the range and gathered near the benches at the back of the area. Once all the students were seated the teacher stood in front of the benches and addressed the class.*

"You have all managed to pass the quiz on the first try and for that i congratulate you. Things however are only going to get harder from here on out. You will all now be learning how to actually perform the kidou for combat purposes. Though some kidou can be used outside of combat the majority of them will be for that single purpose. We will start today with Hadou #1 Sho. Everyone take a lane with the targets. We will be moving on to the dummies once you have all learned the necessary kidou and can use them to a decent efficiency. The way the targets function is on the principle of accuracy. The closer to the center you hit them the further they will swing. If they swing the full 90 degrees then a small bell will ring signifying a perfect strike in the center of the target. That is what you will all be aiming for. Don't expect to get it on the first try either, this is going to take a great deal of work. Now let me show you an example before we actually begin."

*The teacher turned to face one of the targets and pointed his hand out open palmed towards it. Though we couldn't see anything the students near the teacher could feel the energy gathering and the amount of power eminating from the teacher.*

"Hadou #1, Sho!"

*The energy shot out of his hand and at the target nailing it right in the center. The target swung back the full 90 degrees and hit the bell. All of the students looked in amazement at the skill that the teacher had with using kidou. Tenkai wasn't that amazed since he had seen what some of the teachers could do in their respective areas. They were teaching a certain shinigami art for a reason after all. They wouldn't just put random people in charge that didn't know what they were doing. Once the teacher had finished his example he waved his hand off towards the targets signaling it was time for the students to practice. Tenkai moved up to his lane and aimed his hand out towards the target. He also placed his left hand on his right wrist to help him aim since he didn't know what exactly was going to happen. He could feel a bit of energy gathering in his hand as he continued to aim.*

"Hadou #1, Sho!!"

*The invisible energy flew forward leaving only a blurry streak behind its path. The hadou struck the top tip of the target making it go back only slightly. Tenkai was disappointed at this but was resolved to have this kidou learned to a good point before the end of the day. Keeping his hand aimed towards the target the energy gathered in his hand once more. He lowered his hand a bit to try and get closer to the center of the target since his last shot had hit high.*

"Hadou #1, Sho!!"

Sentence Count: 39
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:12 pm

*The energy shot from Tenkai's hand and flew at the target with the same blurring path behind it. This time the blast struck the target a bit lower then the last one. It was in the center of the top half of the target. He was slowly getting closer and closer to the target but wasn't there yet. He was more determined now however seeing as he was getting even closer. He looked around briefly to see how the other students were doing. Off to the side he noticed the teacher looking at him and he nodded when Tenkai caught his eyes. Tenkai nodded back and this signal of approval from his teacher was the last push that he needed to really get going. His mind was more focused then ever and he was aiming for another shot at the target. Aiming his hand up at the target once more he then placed his left hand on his right wrist and the energy began to charge once more.*

"Hadou #1, Sho!"

*The energy flew from his hand and the path was more blurred then before. The blast was larger then the other ones that he had shot. The blast struck the target just above the center making it swing back almost the full 90 degrees. Tenkai brought his arm up into the air and then pumped it down in excitement. He was so close to being able to use this hadou to its full potential. Tenkai went back to the benches and sat down briefly and took a break before he was going to take another shot. He was a little tired from his first three attempts and wanted to take a quick break before giving it another shot. While sitting down on the bench the teacher walked over to him and stood looking out at the lanes while talking to him.*

"It seems I was right about you. You definitely have a knack for kidou. You progress faster then most of the other students do and when push comes to shove you have the potential to use the kidou effectively. The only thing left would be if you want to pursue a course with kidou. Just because your good with it doesn't mean its actually your thing. You may be just as good with zanjutsu or hakuda but like one of them more. The choice is up to you at this point, I'm just letting you know. I'm however not talking about advanced placement classes. You are a definitely for the advanced class, I'm just talking about after you graduate. If you wish to continue improving you abilities in kidou you could manage to get into the kidou corps. Anyone you should get back to your practice."

*The teacher gave Tenkai another nod and then walked away to observe some of the other students. He began to think about all of his other classes and it seemed he was proficient in all areas. It was pretty much just which area was he most proficient in would be the real question. He would have to decide which area he would want to specialize in before he graduated so he would have a goal set for his future. Right now he didn't know what he wanted to do but he was happy with just being a jack of all trades at the moment. Walking back up to the lane Tenkai prepared himself to begin practicing once again.*

Sentence Count: 36
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:44 pm

*Tenkai stepped up to the lane and got into his aiming position. His stance was steady and his arm was aimed. He placed his left hand over his right wrist and the energy once again began to gather in the palm of his hand. Fine tuning his hand for what he wanted to be 100% accuracy he called out the kidou.*

"Hadou #1, Sho!!"

*The clear blast of energy shot at the target and struck it hard. At first Tenkai couldn't see anything through the blurry streak left behind the blast. But he didn't need to see the target to know he had hit it dead on. A second after the blast struck the target the bell rang out signaling that he had managed to get a bulls eye. Tenkai was incredibly happy that he had managed to nail the target dead on as quick as he did. It was on his fourth try that he managed to nail the target dead on. Overall it was much quicker then he thought that he would have done it in. He began to walk over towards the bench to sit down again seeing as he had managed a bulls eye. Sitting on the bench he figured he would just wait until the class was over since he didn't have anything else to do. He figured he could keep practicing but he just wanted to relax at the time. The teacher walked back over towards him as he was just sitting down.*

"Very nice show their Bushinji. You got that bulls eye just as I had expected of you. But why did you stop, you can still keep practicing. Just because you managed to get a bulls eye doesn't mean there isn't more work to be done. You should practice firing Sho with one hand and increase your accuracy even more. Once you have gotten a bulls eye with one arm then you will have truly mastered Sho, at least to a certain degree. Now get back up to that lane and keep practicing."

*The teacher walked away again but occasionally glanced over to look at Tenkai. He was slowly getting up and began to walk back over towards the lane to begin practicing again. He aimed his right hand out and then put his left hand on his right wrist. He had forgot what he was supposed to be doing and saw the teacher shaking his head as if saying no. Removing his left hand from his right wrist he then saw his teacher nodding. Tenkai turned his attention back to the lane and the energy for Sho began to gather in his palm. Putting the final tweaks on his aim he prepared to fire the hadou at the target.*

Sentence Count: 30
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:01 pm

"Hadou #1, Sho!"

*The blast rocketed off from his palm and towards the target. This time however the blast knocked his arm off target since he didn't have his left arm to stabilize it. The blast went far off from the target and almost flew over the fence of the training grounds. Off to the side Tenkai could hear his teacher having a good chuckle at Tenkai's failed attempt to use the hadou one handed. Tenkai was more determined then ever to show that he could do this. Though he knew his teacher had great faith in him he didn't appreciate the laugh he had at his expense. Tenkai looked back forward towards the target and aimed his right hand at it again. The clear energy began to gather in his palm once again. This time tweaking his aim again but instead of holding his arm straight out he bent his elbow slightly. This way the recoil from the blast would just make his arm go back instead of changing direction. With his aim now ready he prepared to fire the hadou at the target again.*

"Hadou #1, Sho!"

*The blast flew forward at the target and this time Tenkai's elbow went back instead of his arm shooting up. The blast was still off target as it struck the right edge of the target but he still had managed to hit it. It was just like when he was using it two handed. He was slowly getting closer and closer to his goal. He turned back just as his teacher was walking by behind him. He spoke a few words of advice before continuing on to observe the other students.*

"Getting closer, just keep on going. You'll get there eventually with practice."

*Tenkai nodded and took this advice while turning back to the target. He aimed his right hand up once more aiming at the target. The energy charged up in the palm of his hand as he was preparing to fire the hadou. He took a deep breath and then recited the hadou firing it off.*

"Hadou #1, Sho."

*The hadou shot from his hand and flew at the target leaving the blurred trail behind it. The blast struck the target at a spot which looked dead on. Tenkai wouldn't know for a few seconds after if it actually did or not. He listened closely to see if the bell would sound signaling his victory over the hadou.*

Sentence Count: 31
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:32 pm

*Tenkai soon after heard a ding from the target. He managed to nail it right in the center scoring himself another bulls eye, this time with only one hand. He figured he had effectively mastered Sho as well as any academy student could. Only a few seconds after he managed the bulls eye the teacher called the class together to the benches. Walking over the bench Tenkai took a seat down and waited for the teacher to address the class.*

"Alright class, you all did very well today. Unfortunately today's class is over. Everyone I will see you tomorrow here at the start of class. We will be moving on to Hadou #4, Byakurai. I'll see you all tomorrow then, class dismissed."

*Tenkai got up from the bench when a hand on his shoulder stopped him from proceeding forward. Looking back he saw that his teacher had stopped him. He most likely wanted to talk to him about what he was going to do regarding kidou.*

"Bushinji, you performed greatly today. You managed to get down the first hadou with little effort. I was wondering what you were thinking about the advanced placement class. It would be the same as this and it would actually be with this class, I teach it as well. the difference is it would be much quicker paced and much more intense. Once you learn all the hadou and bakudou that an academy student would require we may go even further if your skills in kidou are to that level. I just need to know if you are interested in it."

"Sir, I would be happy to be in the advanced placement kidou class. I want to learn as much as I can as quick as possible. I assume I will still be learning the same hadou tomorrow just faster as you said."

"Good good, I will put you in the roster for the AP class. As for tomorrow yes you will still be learning byakurai. Depending on how fast you get it down though I may have you start on Tsuzuri Raiden early. It all depends on how fast you progress as I said. As for now you need to be on your way to your next class. Don't want to be late now."

"Yes, thank you sir. I'll see you tomorrow in class then."

*Tenkai ran off to his zanjutsu class hoping that he wouldn't be late.*

Sentence Count: 32
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:01 pm

*Tenkai walked onto the kidou training range and there was only one other student there other then himself. He had made sure to get there nice and early to see if he could start his training as soon as possible. He looked around and didn't see the teacher anywhere nearby. He took a seat down on one of the benches and waited for him to show up. It was a good five minutes and only another two students had shown up and still no sign of the teacher. Tenkai got up and began to look around to see if he could find the teacher. He walked around and found a room off to the end of the range. It was at the far right corner and it wouldn't even be known to be there unless someone was actually looking for it. Tenkai walked up to it and slid the door open and saw his teacher inside drinking some tea.*

"Ah Bushinji, I figured you would be here early today. Please come inside and have some tea with me. We can discuss the course of the class for today and figure out what you'll be doing."

"Thank you sir."

*Tenkai came inside and sat down on the mat in front of the teacher. He was handed a small cup of tea which he began to sip on. It was quiet for a minute or two before his teacher started to speak again.*

"So Bushinji, what would you like to get accomplished for today. You may throw any ideas at me that you have and I'll tell you what I think of them."

"Well sir, I wanted to get started as soon as possible on the byakurai. That was actually one of the reasons that I came in so early today. Since you said that it could be a possibility to start on tsuzuri raiden today as well I wanted to try and get to work as soon as possible with the kidou. I was also wondering if perhaps I could come in after I had finished my daily classes and continue to learn and practice the kidou from you."

"Hmm, well as for learning byakurai and tsuzuri raiden in class today its a possibility. It all depends on how fast you are going to be working in the class today. As for coming after classes to practice and learn more I will have to think about that. I do appreciate your enthusiasm but I am a busy man so it will depend on my own schedule more so then anything else. Not to mention that I'm an old man as well, I need to get a good nights sleep. I will let you know either at the end of class today or during tomorrows class."

"Alright, thank you for your consideration sir."

"No thanks are necessary. I'm just glad to see that one of my students in so enthusiastic about learning kidou is all. The fact that you have a great deal of potential as well makes you a particularly interesting student as well. Anyway, I suppose we are done here. Once you have finished your tea you can go ahead and begin practicing the byakurai. There is a scroll on the desk over there that will show you the method for using it. I would show you myself but I have to wait for the rest of the class to assemble first. Once you have finished byakurai you can come to me and I'll show you tsuzuri raiden, provided there is enough time left in the class."

"Yes sir."

*Tenkai quickly finished his tea and shot up. He bowed to his teacher and then grabbed the scroll from the desk. He then left the room and quietly shut the door behind him. He walked to one of the lanes with a target that was further away from the rest of the students and more isolated. He didn't want to deal with questions about why he was already learning the new hadou. Walking up to the lane Tenkai untied the string that was around the scroll and opened it up. It had brief excerpts about how to perform the byakurai as well information on what it was and the details of what it did. After Tenkai studied the scroll for a good three minutes he placed it up the left sleeve of his shihakushou and faced the lane. He pointed his right arm out with his index finger extended forward. He aimed his finger towards the target and a small light blue orb began to form on the tip of it.*

"Hadou #4, Byakurai!!"

*The light blue orb doubled in size right before it shot of and flew towards the target. Since it was Tenkai's first time using the hadou he had barely any control over it. He had employed his bended elbow technique as well to try and soften the recoil. The beam had only nicked the top left side of the target sending the beam ricocheting up into the sky and then out of sight most likely disipating in the atmosphere. Tenkai brought his gaze back down to the target and pointed his finger back at the target. The small light blue orb began to form once more as he concentrated on hitting the target. He took a deep breath and made the final tweaks on his aiming before using the hadou.*

"Hadou #4, Byakurai!!"

*The beam rocketed from the tip of his finger and headed towards the target. He could only hope that he got closer to hitting the center or perhaps even getting a bulls eye. He waited to see what the result would be from his attempt.*

Sentence Count: 59
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:47 pm

*Tenkai waited and listened for a bell. After waiting a few seconds and not hearing anything he figured his byakurai didn't hit the center. To confirm this he saw the target swinging back towards him and then stopped in its normal position. Tenkai was disappointed that he hadn't struck the center but had managed to hit the target much better then he did the last time. He looked around to see if the students had noticed that he was practicing yet and it seemed like they hadn't. Suddenly though Tenkai heard some talking off to the other side of the range. It sounded like his teacher so most likely the class had finally gathered and he was beginning class. Tenkai turned his attention back to the target in front of him and pointed his finger out again. This time he tried to concentrate as hard as he could as he aimed his finger for the dead center of the target. The light blue orb began to form once more on the tip of his finger as he was preparing to use the byakurai once more.*

"Hadou #4, Byakurai!!"

*The orb doubled in size as before and then shot forward in the form of a beam. The beam flew towards the target getting closer and closer every second. Tenkai waited for the beam to make impact and when it did he knew it since there was a small explosion and some smoke on impact. He waited to see if the bell would ring signifying a good hit but he still heard nothing. Once more he managed to miss getting a bulls eye but he knew he was getting closer. It took longer this time for the target to return to its resting position. He knew he was getting closer and he hoped that this next shot would be the time he got the bulls eye. He pointed his index finger out towards the target and began to focus intensely. He slowed his breathing and focused only on two things. The orb on the tip of his finger and the center of that target. Once he was ready he said the hadou and the orb doubled in size once more.*

"Hadou #4, Byakurai!!"

*The beam shot from his hand rocketing towards the target. Every second it got closer and closer. Every second Tenkai anticipated the bulls eye he had been waiting for. When the beam struck the explosion was slightly larger as was the smoke produced. He listened carefully waiting for the hopeful ding of the bell. After a second the noise he had been waiting for came. He heard the bell ring out signifying that he had managed a bulls eye. Tenkai pumped his arm up and down in victory. He had managed to get a bulls eye after only performing the byakurai four times. It seemed that he was slowly becoming more and more skilled in using kidou as time went on. He wanted to try for a bulls eye one more time before asking his teacher if he could move on to tsuzuri raiden. He aimed his index finger out at the target once more and the light blue orb formed on the tip of his finger. He then yelled out the hadou and the orb doubled in size once again.*

"Hadou #4, Byakurai!!"

*The hadou flew forward into a beam at the target this time larger then the last. The beam struck the target in the dead center once again causing the bell to ring out once more. He had gotten the byakurai down and now he wanted to move on to the tsuzuri raiden. He wasn't sure how much time was left in the class so he broke off into a sprint towards his teacher. He screeched to a halt right in front of his teacher almost hitting him.*

"Sir, I have managed to get two bulls eye while using the byakurai. I got them both consecutively as well. I would like permission to move on to the tsuzuri raiden if possible."

"Good job Bushinji, I'm surprised you finished as fast as you did. You can go ahead and begin working on the tsuzuri raiden. Let me just come over and show you how to use it. We will for this one however be using the straw dummies instead of the target. Since this hadou is pretty much a transference of lightning you need something to transfer it with. You can either use your zanpaktou to hold the current or be touching the target with your hand. Class continue with your work I will be back in a moment. Alright, lets go Bushinji."

*Tenkai followed his teacher over to the section of the range where the straw training dummies were. He watched his teacher put his hand on what would be the dummies shoulder and then recited the hadou.*

"Hadou #11, Tsuzuri Raiden."

*An electric shock sprung forward out of his teachers hand and moved into the dummy. The dummy shock a little bit as the electricity coursed through its body and then down into the ground through the metal pole holding it up. His teacher turned around and moved his hand towards the dummy signaling it was his turn to try. Tenkai walked up to the dummy and placed his hand in the center of its chest. He then called out the hadou.*

"Hadou #11, Tsuzuri Raiden."

*The hadou shot from his hand and shocked the dummy once again making it shake violently before the shock traveled down the metal pole and into the ground neutralizing it. Tenkai smiled and turned to his teacher who he then noticed was already gone. He looked around trying to locate him and saw that he was nowhere to be found. Tenkai shrugged and turned back to the dummy. His teacher had told him he could use his zanpaktou to transfer the shock so he was going to try that next.*

Sentence Count: 66
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:48 pm

*Tenkai drew his zanpaktou from its sheath and then tried to figure out how he was going to proceed. He figured that it wouldn't make much sense to stab the dummy and then use the hadou since in real combat that would be rare to happen. It would take too much time to use the hadou if the opponent had been stabbed. He decided that he would use the hadou on his zanpaktou and then go ahead and stab to dummy. He called the hadou and then charged at the dummy preparing to stab it in the chest.*

"Hadou #11, Tsuzuri Raiden!!"

*Tenkai's zanpaktou began to run an electric current through it that caused it to spark with electricity. He lunged forward and stabbed the dummy right in the chest which caused the current to move forward into the dummy. The current made the dummy shake violently before it traveled down the metal pole into the ground once more. Tenkai really didn't see much point in continuing to practice more since it seemed like a pretty simple hadou to learn. All he really did was attack the dummy with his hand or zanpaktou and transferred the electricity. He couldn't really see a practical use for the hadou either in combat. It would be hard to get a hand on his opponent in a fight so that was pointless. The only real purpose he could see was using it in combination with his zanpaktou. If he stabbed his opponent with the electrified sword it would hurt a lot more then normal. Tenkai figured he might as well continue practicing. He was going to continue using his zanpaktou to practice on the dummy as well. He brought his zanpaktou back so he would be ready to stab forward and charge at the dummy. He then touched his hand to the blade and called out the hadou.*

"Hadou #11, Tsuzuri Raiden!!"

*The electricity ran through his zanpaktou once more as he rushed forward at the dummy. He stopped two or three feet from the dummy and stabbed his zanpaktou forward digging the first inch of his zanpaktou into the dummy. The current shot forward from his zanpaktou and into the dummy making it shake violently once more. Tenkai then watched as the dummy slowly stopped shaking which meant the current went down through the pole into the ground. Tenkai was going to ask his teacher if he could possibly move on to the next hadou when he heard him calling the class to an end. Tenkai sheathed his zanpaktou and quickly placed the scroll back in the office. He then ran over to the rest of the class and listened to what the teacher was saying.*

"Alright everyone, tomorrow we will be beginning Tsuzuri Raiden which is hadou #11. You all did very well today with the byakurai so I'm hoping for the same results again tomorrow. You may all head off to your next class, dismissed."

*Tenkai began to walk away when he suddenly heard the teacher call him from behind. Tenkai turned around to see the teacher calling him over and he walked over to him.*

"Bushinji did you manage to get the Tsuzuri Raiden down today?"

"Yes sir, I performed it both bare handed as you saw and then with my zanpaktou. I was able to perform both method of Tsuzuri Raiden with relative ease."

"Good, good, you can begin on shakkahou then tomorrow. It will be much more difficult then any of the other kidou you have been doing up until now so be ready for it. If you work very fast maybe you could even start on soukatsui tomorrow as well. Oh, and before I forget. You can come down to the range after classes today for a half an hour to get an early start on shakkahou. I will be here for a little while so you might as well come down and practice. Make sure to be here right after the end of classes, you don't want to waste any of the time. You can go ahead on to you next class now."

"Alright, thank you for giving me your time sir."

*Tenkai turned around and ran off from the range. He was headed off to his zanjutsu class and he was ready to spar with his teacher again. He hoped that his hour and a half of training after classes yesterday would be what he needed to get a better edge during the fight. He didn't expect to win but he hoped he would do much better then he did the last time.*

Sentence Count: 48
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:16 pm

*Tenkai showed up at the kidou training field as fast as he could after leaving Hakuda class. He ran into the range and saw that the area was empty. He figured his teacher was waiting for him in the office and went to go see if he was in there. Sliding the door open he saw his teacher in the same spot he had been in earlier that day when he saw him in the office. Tenkai didn't want to intrude and just waited for his teacher to either invite him in or come out so he could begin learning.*

"Ah good, Bushinji please come inside. I have something I need to talk to you about regarding the kidou."

"Yes sir, thank you sir."

*Tenkai took a seat down where he had been sitting earlier and waited for his teacher to speak. He was handed a cup of tea which he sipped away at while waiting for his teacher. His teacher did the same and then put the cup down on the small table between the two of them.*

"First of all Bushinji, you needn't be so formal and call me sir all the time. It's actually more annoying to me then the respect being shown to me. You may just call me Takahashi, and if you really need to Takahashi-sensei."

"Yes si...I mean Takahashi-sensei. What was it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

"I wanted to talk to you about the kidou you are learning. You are moving forward with it at quite an accelerated rate and was considering allowing you to learn higher classified kidou. By that I mean kidou that would only be learned by graduated shinigami and ranking officers in the gotei 13. I am quite confident in you abilities so I just wanted to ask if you would be interested in that."

"Yes Takahashi-sensei, that would be great. I would be honored if you would teach me further."

"Well then its settled. But you can only start learning the more advanced kidou once you have finished learning the base kidou that a student is required to learn. That means you still have to learn hadou #31 and #33, and then all the bakudou up to #30. After that we can start with the more advanced hadou and the move to bakudou. I won't be able to teach you any of the high classified ones but i could probably manage up into the 60's. For now though, you need to take what time is left and start working on shakkahou. I'll come out with you and show you how its done and then you can begin."

"Alright, thank you Takahashi-sensei."

*Tenkai followed his teacher out of the room after the two finished their tea. They moved onto one of the lanes with a target and Tenkai stood to the side watching his teacher. Takahashi placed his hand out open palmed towards the target and a red orb began to slowly form in the palm of his hand. As the red orb began to form Takahashi began to recite an incantation for the hadou.*

"Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, the sea barrier surges, march on to the south! Hadou #31, Shakkahou!!"

*The orb in Takahashi's palm suddenly grew much larger and then shot forward out of his hand and at the target. The blast struck the target not too long after and the ding of the bell sounded for the bulls eye. Tenkai wasn't all all surprised his teacher got the bulls eye on the first shot, he was after all the kidou teacher. Takahashi backed away and waved his hand forward at the lane signalling Tenkai to practice. Tenkai moved forward into the lane and placed his right hand out towards the target with his palm open. He placed his left hand over his right wrist to help with balance as well as bending his elbow slightly. The red orb began to form in Tenkai's palm as he began to recite the incantation.*

"Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, the sea barrier surges, march on to the south! Hadou #31, Shakkahou!!"

*The red orb rocketed from Tenkai's palm and flew towards the target. As it traveled forward it slowly curved upwards to the point where it narrowly missed the top of the target and flew into the fence behind it. Tenkai looked back at Takahashi to see what he thought of his first attempt. When he turned around once again his teacher had vanished off somewhere, most likely the office. Tenkai shrugged and turned back to face the target and aimed the palm of his hand out once more preparing the hadou. The red orb began to slowly form in the palm of his hand as he recited the incantation of the hadou once again.*

*The orb shot forward this time not seeming to curve as much. To Tenkai's satisfaction the orb struck the center of the top half of the target. He was happy with the results but knew he could still do better. He lined himself up at the lane once more and aimed his hand out. In the palm of his hand the now familiar red orb slowly formed as it had done the last few times. Tenkai took a moment to fine tune his aiming before beginning the incantation for the hadou.*

*The hadou shot out of his palm and towards the target once more. This time he actually managed to somehow do worse then his last attempt. He blamed it on his so called fine tuning that he had done before firing. Silently cursing to himself he decided he would take a quick break before attempting it again. He knew he was slowly getting better since even though the target did worse it wasn't that much further off. He just needed to learn the course of the projectile and how to better control it. After taking a two minute break Tenkai stood up and walked back to the lane ready to start his practice once more.*

Sentence Count: 76
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:04 pm

*Tenkai walked back up to the lane and aligned himself with the target as best he could. Only now was he actually realizing how far away the target was from him. Before he had always just aimed and shot probably in the long run having a good portion of luck helping him. Though right now all of that was besides the point. Tenkai took the usual steps and aimed his right hand open palmed towards the target. Not bothering to put the usual final tweaks on his aim since last time that was what caused him to fail more so he just went ahead and started reciting the incantation.*

*The orb rocketed from his hand and struck the target so close to dead on it could make someone cry that they missed. Tenkai however only saw this as good news since he was getting closer and closer. He decided it was best to just leave the aiming up to his natural instincts as well until he got further control of the hadou. It seemed to be working out well in that manner so he would leave it alone until it came time to change methods. Having finished his internal debate Tenkai prepared to try the hadou again. Getting into his stance he aimed his hand as the red orb slowly began to form. He then began to recite the incantation to the hadou.*

*The reb orb jumped from his palm and sailed towards the target ahead. It seemed that this time it was more powerful then before as it created a sort of airstream behind it as it travelled. Tenkai waited and saw the blast hit the target dead on and then waited for the noise. Not a second after hitting the target Tenkai heard the ding of the bell ring through the air. Pumping his arm in victory Tenkai celebrated with a whispered yes as he continued to pump his arm. Tenkai got swept up in the excitement and knew he still had a bit more practicing to do. Just because he had managed a bulls eye didn't mean he was done. He wanted to get two more bulls eyes. Hopefully when he got them they would be consecutive as well. Setting his arms up again he began to charge the red orb in his palm while reciting the incantation.*

*The orb shot forward faster then the last time flying towards the target. It struck hard as the target whipped back swinging hard into the bell. The ding of the bell rang out into the air even louder then it did the last time. Tenkai knew he was getting better and the power of his attack was more then proof. He was also brimming with happiness at this point as well having learned a kidou that was supposed to be much harder then the ones he had learned before as fast as he did. He felt like nothing could stop him at this point. Putting aside his feelings of victory at the moment Tenkai still had something left to do. He wanted to get one more bulls eye and seal the deal for the shakkahou. He positioned himself like normal and began to charge the orb while reciting the incantation.*

*The orb shot forward at the target at an even greater speed and power then the last two times. It struck the target with great forth sending it swinging backwards threatening to rip it off its hinges. The bell rang out for the third and final time giving Tenkai the satisfaction for the training that he needed. Walking happily off to his teachers office he slid the door open and came inside sitting down on the mat in front of Takahashi.*

"Ah good, I assume you have finished with the shakkahou Bushinji?"

"Yes Takahashi-sensei, I had just finished up and wanted to come inside to let you know that I had finished."

"Good good, I was actually hoping you would come inside. I wanted to give this to you before you left so you wouldn't have to wait for me to begin practice tomorrow morning."

*Tenkai watched Takahashi reach over towards his desk and take a scroll off of it. He then returned to his normal sitting position and handed the scroll over to Tenkai.*

"This is the scroll for the soukatsui. I want you to study it so that when you come in tomorrow you can just begin practice without waiting for instruction. After you finish that we can move on to bakudou. We will probably get to the first bakudou tomorrow and then perhaps the second and third during after class training. That is if I have time to stay here again. I will let you know at the end of class tomorrow. If so the same arrangement will be made to meet up here tomorrow. I'm not sure if i will be available for more or less time though. You'll get all the information tomorrow so don't worry about it."

"Thank you Takahashi-sensei. I will take my leave of you now and head back to my dorm. I will begin to study the scroll when I arrive there. I won't let you down."

"I never had a doubt in my mind Bushinji."

*Tenkai got up from the mat and bowed to Takahashi. After coming back to an upright position he headed out of the office shutting the door quietly behind him. He then headed off out of the range and went on his way to his dorm. He would study the scroll and then go to bed and try to wake up early tomorrow. He was excited to finish learning the portion of academy level hadou and move on to bakudou. The sooner he got it done the sooner he would be able to move on to more complicated kidou.*

Sentence Count: 78
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:09 am

*Tenkai showed up at the kidou range bright and early before any of the other students. He looked around and saw that Takahashi-sensei wasn't around and figured he was in his office. Doing as he had been told Tenkai went ahead to start practicing. He walked to the furthest away lane that was somewhat secluded so the students wouldn't ask question or even see him. After that he took the scroll out and went over it once more just to be one hundred percent sure he knew everything to do. Once he looked it over he put it back up his sleeve and went to work. He placed his hands in the same position as he would have for the shakkahou. Instead of a red orb forming in his palm though a blue orb began to form. The orb itself was slightly larger as well as more powerful then the shakkahou. While the orb was forming Tenkai went ahead and began to recite the incantation for the kidou.*

"Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws. Hadou #33, Soukatsui!!"

*The blue orb grew in size and shot from Tenkai's hand. He wasn't expected the power difference to be as much as it was and he ended up getting knocked on his ass after firing it. The soukatsui also completed missed the target, or it missed the target he was aiming for. When Tenkai fired the soukatsui it curved greatly to the left and struck a target two lanes to the left close to a bulls eye. Tenkai began to laugh for a bit that he almost managed to get a bulls eye on the wrong lane. That was when he noticed that Takahashi-sensei was standing right behind him.*

"So Bushinji, I see you have begun practicing. By the looks of it you seem to have quite a bit more practicing to do. Though I would also have to agree if you have managed a bulls eye it would be somewhat amusing."

"Yes Takahashi-sensei I do have much more practice ahead of me. It was more then obvious that my first attempt was a complete failure for lack of their being a better word to describe it. Perhaps a complete failure times two would be good."

*Tenkai listened to Takahashi-sensei laugh a bit at his remark. It wasn't everyday that someone boasted about their failures. Though it actually might not have been considered boasting it was as close to it as someone could get when talking about their failures. After enjoying a good chuckle Takahashi-sensei returned to his usual serious self.*

"Well Bushinji you had best get to work. I must go attend to the rest of the students so you just go about practicing the soukatsui until you have it down. Also, could I have the scroll i lent to you yesterday. They are quite old and I don't need a student losing one regardless of how much I trust you."

"Yes Takahashi-sensei, of course."

*Tenkai reached into his left shihakushou sleeve and pulled out the scroll. He tightened the knot on it a bit since it looked a little loose. After tightening the knot he handed the scroll to Takahashi-sensei and returned to his practice. Tenkai turned briefly back after having gone back to train to see where Takahashi-sensei had gone. He shouldn't have just turned away and started training again. In hindsight it seemed completely rude to do that to his elder and someone he respected as much as he did. To his dismay Takahashi-sensei had already gone off to the group of students that had begun gathering to begin class. Tenkai turned back to the lane and told himself he would just apologize after class. He put his hands into the normal position and prepared to fire the soukatsui once more. He dug his legs in a bit trying to get as much stability as he could before trying again. Once he was fully prepared the blue orb began to form in his palm as he recited the incantation.*

"Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws. Hadou #33, Soukatsui!!"

Sentence Count: 50
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:42 am

*Tenkai watched as the hadou rocketed from his hand. It didn't knock him over like before but the force of the hadou was still enough to make him stumble. The hadou changed direction but instead of going left this time it went upwards and to the right. It still managed to completely miss the target but he was getting closer every attempt. That was most likely the only thing that ever kept him going. It was the fact that every time he tried something he got closer and closer to the goal at hand. Even with something as difficult as learning the soukatsui Tenkai was not going to give up easily. He would have like to have been stronger though while he was learning it but he would just have to live with that for the time being. He looked over his shoulder briefly and saw Takahashi-sensei talking to the class about what they were going to be doing for the day. He overhead him talking about the Tsuzuri Raiden and laughed a little bit to himself. He loved the fact that he was so far ahead of the normal class but he didn't want to get conceited. He always thought that anyone who felt too highly of themselves because of their power was destined to fail. He didn't want to be that kind of person and always tried to be honest and humble regardless of how talented or powerful he became. Putting his thoughts to the side for the moment he got back to the task at hand. Setting his hands up in the normal manner he focused once more on hitting the center of the target. The blue orb began to form again in the palm of his hand as he began to recite the incantation.*

*The soukatsui rocketed from his hand and flew into the wall right next to the target. It just narrowly missed hitting the tip of the right side of the target and Tenkai was happy at this. Though any other student would be disheartened by their failure he wasn't. He was happy he was getting closer, one of his better traits was being optimistic. With this in mind he prepared once more to fire off another soukatsui in hopes of actually hitting the target. With the way he was going he would most likely hit the target. If he managed to miss again it would be a step backwards for him. Beginning the incantation for the hadou the blue orb began to form in his palm once again.*

*The orb shot forward at the target whizzing through the air at a fast speed. It the struck the target hard on the left side just narrowly hitting it. Tenkai pumped his arm once in victory but didn't want to get too carried away. He needed to focus and get back to training. He took his stance once more and placed his out towards the target. He grasped his right wrist tightly with his left hand. He took a moment to do a final tweak to aim hoping this time it didn't backfire on him. After putting the final changes on his aim the blue orb began to form in the palm of his hand again. He took a deep breath and then began to recite the incantation for the hadou.*

*The blue orb shot forward from his palm and launched at the target. It drew nearer and nearer by the second as Tenkai waited for the results. To his delight the orb struck the target just below the bulls eye mark bringing him that close to his target goal. The only thing left for him to do at this point was to manage a bulls eye. Of course after that he would want to try for two more bulls eyes just to get some extra practice in and make sure he had it down. Tenkai readied himself once more to fire the hadou and positioned himself as usual. In his palm the blue orb slowly formed as he recited the incantation.*

"Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws. Hadou #33, Soukatsui."

*The blue orb shot forward at the target and smashed into it full force. Tenkai couldn't clearly see the target through the smoke. He simply listened closely waiting for the noise of victory. If the bell rang that would mean he had managed a bulls eye and was on his way to the mastering of the soukatsui. That would also mean one step closer on his path to power.*

Sentence Count: 60
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:27 am

*Tenkai waited a few seconds and still heard nothing of the bell at all. The smoke began to slowly clear and he could begin to make out the target. He looked forward and saw the target swinging back into its normal position. He had managed to strike it hard and very close to the bulls eye but hadn't gotten it. He hadn't taken a step back in his mind but no progress was made on that attempt. He shrugged it off and knew he was just going to have to try harder. He set himself back into the normal position and faced towards the target. The blue orb began to form in the palm of his hand and become larger and larger. Simultaneously he began to recite the incantation to the hadou.*

*The hadou shot forward at the target leaving a blurred path behind. Tenkai looked forward trying to see where the hadou had struck but couldn't see past the smoke. He listened closely waiting to hear the bell ding out. Only a second after the hadou had struck Tenkai heard the bell ring out. That was the sound that was so special to him when on the range. He always listened closely hoping he would heard the bell ring out as if it was a gift being delivered to him. Tenkai wasn't done yet though he still needed to get two more bulls eye to just ensure his skill with the hadou. He aimed his hand at the target once more preparing the hadou. The orb began to grow in his palm as he recited the incantation.*

*The hadou shot forward once more and rocketed at the target. It struck hard almost ringing out in the air around from the force of the explosion. Tenkai looked around and saw that his exploits had drawn the attention of several other students which caused him to become slightly proud of himself. He tended to draw a lot of attention when he practiced for whatever reason. It was slowly dawning on him that the others were somewhat amazed at his abilities and that would explain why they stared. It was more then enough for someone to get a big ego but he kept his in check. Tenkai was gonna go ahead and try for one more bulls eye since he didn't want to go for a third due to time factors. He positioned himself as normal and began to form the blue orb in his palm. While the orb formed he began to recite the incantation for the final time.*

*The hadou flew forward at the target getting closer and closer. Tenkai watched as it drew nearer and then struck the target hard. He heard the bell ring out into the air letting him know he had gotten a bulls eye. Once again it drew the attention of a few students but he decided to ignore it. Having finished up with the soukatsui he decided he would go over and tell Takahashi-sensei and ask him about the bakudou. Walking over to him Tenkai stopped right behind him.*

"Takahashi-sensei I have finished up with soukatsui. I was wondering if i could begin with bakudou during the class."

"Hmm, ah yes. You can begin with the bakudou Bushinji. Come with me we will be going over to the straw dummies again for this."

*Tenkai followed Takahashi-sensei over to one of the lanes with a straw dummy and watched as he was given an example of the bakudou he would be learning.*

"Bakudou #1, Sai!!"

*The bakudou instantly went into effect on the straw dummy causing its arms to bunch up against its body and for it to become constrict. Right after using it he released the effects of the bakudou and then turned to Tenkai. He waved his hand signalling for him to begin the practice and then began to walk away back towards the class.*

Sentence Count: 55
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:02 pm

*Tenkai aligned himself with the lane and faced towards the straw dummy. He then had to think for a moment and try to replicate his teachers exact movements in his mind. He hadn't performed a bakudou before and they were entirely different then the hadou he was so talented with. Placing his arm upwards he brought downwards and to the left and then sharply to the right across the front portion of his body.*

"Bakudou #1, Sai!!"

*The dummy tensed up slightly but that was all it really did. It then released by itself the effects of the bakudou on its body. Tenkai rolled his eyes thinking about how much of a pain in the ass it was going to be to master Sai. There was no point in him complaining though. He needed to get this done and that was that. He just hoped that he could get it over with quickly and move on. Performing the same arm movements that he had done before Tenkai called out the name of the bakudou.*

"Bakudou #1, Sai!!"

*This time the dummy tensed up further and its arm pushed into its body further. Tenkai could feel that he was losing hold of the dummy though as it slowly started to relax. Only after a few seconds the dummy had returned to its normal position and Tenkai was barely any closer to getting the Sai down. He decided to pace a bit for a minute just to take a break. All the work was making his mind a mess and slowly driving him mad. He just wanted to get it done so he could move onto the next thing. What happened then when there wasn't a next thing. Would he just go completely insane. He didn't want to think about that at the moment and just focus on the matter at hand, perhaps even take it a bit slower. Raising his right arm up once more he performed the same movements while calling out the bakudou.*

"Bakudou #1, Sai!!"

*The Sai tightened the dummies body causing its arm to smash into its own body. He had done much better this time but his problem now was actually holding the bakudou. He tried to keep his focus but lost it only after about fifteen seconds. He was improving however and that was more then enough inspiration for him to wrap this up. Hoping for the final shot he raised his arm up and performed the movements while calling the bakudou. He was prepared for a victory here.*

"Bakudou #1, Sai!!"

*The dummy tightened its body up once more and this time stayed that way. Tenkai was continuing to hold it with nowhere near as much strain as the last few times. He had already gotten past the thirty second mark he had placed for himself and was still going. He was getting closer and closer to a minute but he could feel he was starting to lose it. He had gotten so close when the dummy then released itself from his bakudou and returned to its relaxed state. Though he had only gotten to fifty seconds Tenkai was more then happy with his progress. He would practice more later but he saw that Takahashi-sensei was ending the class for today. Walking over to his teacher he bowed and told him the good news.*

"Takahashi-sensei I managed to finish up Sai. I was hoping you might have good news for me for an after class training session today."

"Ah Bushinji, good good you finished the Sai. As for an after class session today I do have some time. I managed to pick apart a good hour that you can come back after class to train. The only thing is its much later in the afternoon so you will have to wait a while until I am available. Just go to your dorm after class and do whatever it is you students do. I will be ready at around five thirty."

"Thank you Takahashi-sensei, I will see you then."

*Tenkai then bowed and turned away heading off to his zanjutsu class. He was starting to dread when he had to go to this class. He always got an ass beating for his teacher just to 'whip him into shape'. Or at least that's what the teacher thought it was. Tenkai was getting utterly annoyed with it all and had often contemplated skipping class for a day. He figured though that if he did the beating he got the next day would be twice as bad. That was most likely the only reason he ever kept going. Begrudgingly Tenkai headed to his zanjutsu class for another daily beating.*

Sentence Count: 55
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:17 pm

*Tenkai arrived at the kidou range five minutes late and saw Takahashi-sensei standing out near the benches waiting for him. When Tenkai saw the look on his face he knew that he was in trouble. Fortunately though for him Tenkai knew he had a good excuse as to why he had shown up late. Getting your ass beaten in zanjutsu class and sent to the medbay was more then enough reason for anyone. Or at least he hoped that it would be enough reason for Takahashi-sensei to let him off the hook.*

"Bushinji, your late. Might I inquire as to why?"

"I'm very sorry Takahashi-sensei. I was injured in zanjutsu class and have been in the medbay for the last four hours. When i woke up and found out what time it was I immediately came over here so I wouldn't be late. It seemed I was a little late after all though. Once again I apologize for my tardiness Takahashi-sensei."

"Well if that's the case Bushinji there is no need to apologize. Its more then enough for you to end up in the medbay and then have to come here. I'm actually surprised you would show up here after that. You have quite the determination Bushinji. I admire that in a student, gives them more drive. Well anyway, since your here that must mean you are ready to practice. We will be moving on to Bakudou #4, Hainawa. I will show you an example and then from there we can go move onto #8 Seki. Come follow me over to the dummies."

*Tenkai followed Takahashi-sensei over to the straw dummies as he gave Tenkai an example of Hainawa. He placed his hands together as yellow energy began to gather and encompass them. Once he had gathered the energy he shot his hands forwards towards the dummy and the energy flew at the dummy.*

"Bakudou #4, Hainawa!!"

*The energy encompassed the dummy and wrapped around it making it immobile if it were a normal person. Tenkai knew that this ability would be quite the useful one in the future. After waiting a little while Takahashi-sensei then released the bakudou on the dummy and moved aside for Tenkai to try. Tenkai stepped up confident of his abilities and that he would be able to effectively utilize the bakudou. Bringing his hands together the yellow energy began to gather slowly in and on his hands. Then shooting his hands forward just like Takahashi-sensei had done the yellow energy shot forward at the dummy.*

"Bakudou #4, Hainawa!!"

*Unfortunately for Tenkai the energy rope wasn't strong enough and didn't even make it to the dummy. Tenkai rolled his eyes in frustration and then went back to try again. He looked next to him to see if Takahashi-sensei was still there and was surprised when he saw him. Usually when he practiced his teacher just vanished but this time there he was. Tenkai wanted to train extra hard now that he was there observing him. It put the extra pressure on him that he needed to succeed. Focusing again Tenkai gathered his hands together and the yellow energy began to gather in and on his hands. Then flinging his hands forward the rope lashed out at the dummy.*

"Bakudou #4, Hainawa!!"

*The bakudou managed to reach the dummy and latched around it. The rope wasn't as thick or as strong as Takahashi-sensei's but it was good enough to hold the dummy in place. Tenkai thought that he had managed to do it but to his dismay the rope began to disipate after thirty seconds and eventually just broke apart. The dummy returned to its normal position and Tenkai was ready to try once more. This time he was confident that he could get it down perfectly. Bringing his hands together the energy began to gather around his hands. Tenkai then flung his hands forward at the dummy sending the rope at the dummy.*

"Bakudou #4, Hainawa!!"

*The energy wrapped around the dummy constricting it. The bakudou wasn't as strong as Takahashi-sensei's but this time he got it down good. The rope was holding strong past one minute and Tenkai knew he had gotten it. He released the bakudou from the dummy and turned to face Takahashi-sensei to see what he would say.*

"Very good Bushinji. Now we can move on to Bakudou #8, Seki. This bakudou however is much different then the last two you have learned. Its function is that of a small shield that is used to repel physical attacks. When you go to learn it you will make the shield and I will attack it with physical attacks until it can withstand several attacks from an enemy superior to yourself. That way we can ensure it will function well for battle purposes. Let me know when you are ready."

*Tenkai nodded and decided he would take a quick five minute break before continuing on with the training. The knowledge that there were some kidou that functioned as shields intrigued him. The entire aspect of kidou intrigued him to be honest. It seemed like it was much more intricate and powerful then that of a zanpaktou. But Tenkai had yet to truly learn the power of a zanpaktou so it wasn't really his place to lecture. Turning back to Takahashi-sensei after his break he nodded letting him know he was ready to move on.*

Sentence Count: 67
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:02 am

*Tenkai watched as Takahashi-sensei put his right arm out and put his forearm facing towards Tenkai. It looked as though a reflective plate was starting to form on the outside of his forearm in the form of a small circle. Tenkai went to inspect it closer but then Takahashi-sensei had yelled out the bakudou and startled Tenkai.*

"Bakudou #8, Seki!!"

*On Takahashi-sensei's forearm a small circular shield appeared. It was a very light blue almost to the point of being clear. Tenkai looked forward at it and then was suddenly smacked in the forehead by the shield. Tenkai stumbled backwards and looked back up at Takahashi-sensei who was chuckling. He had done that to give Tenkai an example of how the shield functioned as well as just for a few laughs.*

"Alright Bushinji, this shield here is Seki. I want you to go ahead and try to punch me as hard as you can. I will defend the attack with the shield. Once you see how it functions we will switch roles and you will try to defend again my attacks."

"Alright Takahashi-sensei."

*Tenkai pulled his arm back and punched at the shield as hard as he could. His fist hit the shield full force and under the force of his punch it didn't even crack. Tenkai went ahead and took a few more whacks at it but still nothing. Tenkai decided he was going to keep pummeling it until he managed to damage it somehow. He punched the shield several more times and then stopped when Takahashi-sensei started to laugh again. He then dispelled the shield and told Tenkai to stop his assault.*

"Now you see how useful something like that can be. Once you have mastered it to a high enough degree it can withstand against multiple attacks without even being damaged. Now if you were fighting against an opponent who was stronger then you it could very well be an issue. If a captain was to strike my shield full force it would shatter in an instant. It all depends on the strength of your attacker. Now on to the training. You will need to make a shield and I will try to shatter it. Once you can form a shield that can withstand five of my punches it will be ready. You will still want to train with it a bit more but it would be ready for practical uses. Now, let us begin."

"Alright Takahashi-sensei, try not to be too rough."

*Tenkai put his right forearm out towards Takahashi-sensei and the small light blue orb began to form. Tenkai then called out the bakudou and the orb expanded outwards into the small shield.*

"Bakudou #8, Seki!!"

*Tenkai placed his forearm out towards Takahashi-sensei and waited for his attack. He watched as his teacher pulled his arm back and shot it forward with a fierce punch. When the punch hit the shield it made it shatter instantly leaving Tenkai defenseless. Takahashi-sensei then moved his hand forward telling Tenkai to try again. It was only his first try so it wasn't going to be anything impressive. Forming the small shield on his forearm once more Tenkai said the kidou.*

"Bakudou #8, Seki!"

*Tenkai placed his forearm out and waited for Takahashi-sensei's punch. The punch came at him just as fiercely as the last one but this time the shield didn't break. Many cracks appeared on it but it managed to withstand the first strike. Tenkai then watched as Takahashi-sensei pulled back once more and went in for another punch. The punch completely broke the shattered shield leaving Tenkai's defense gone once more. Tenkai didn't even wait to be signalled and stuck his forearm out again as the shield began to form.*

"Bakudou #8, Seki!"

*The shield formed once more prepared for the battering it was about to receive from Takahashi-sensei. Tenkai prepared himself and placed his forearm out towards Takahashi-sensei. He watched as the first punch came and flew into the shield. The first punch hit hard but the shield showed no signs of weakness. Tenkai watched as Takahashi-sensei nodded in approval. He then came back and punched the shield once more with only a few small cracks appearing on the shield. Bringing his arm back he went at the shield with the third punch causing the shield to crack greatly all over. The fourth and final punch for this shield then came and shattered the shield completely. Tenkai was close to finishing up but just wasn't there yet. He brought his arm up and the shield began to form once more preparing for a beating.*

"Bakudou #8, Seki!!"

*The shield fully formed and Tenkai prepared himself for the punches. The first punch came causing no damage at all to the shield. Then came the second punch and still there was no visible damage. Then the third punch came in and yet still no damage was apparent to the shield. Tenkai was happy at the results so far but was sure the shield would start giving out at some point. The fourth punch then came and the shield started to crack. Just as Tenkai had thought the shield wasn't going to hold out much longer. Though it wouldn't hold out for too much longer he didn't need it to. It only needed to manage the next punch and that would have been it. Bracing for the final punch Tenkai waited for the impact. The fifth punch came and struck the shield hard but still the shield didn't shatter. The shield however did crack heavily. Takahashi-sensei began to nod once more in approval at the aptitude that Tenkai was showing for kidou. However the moment was short as he brought his fist back once more to strike at the shield again. When the shield got hit it shattered once more under the force of the punch. Tenkai was happy that he had managed to get it done as fast as he did.*

"Well Bushinji once again you have done it. You have shown immense skill in the art of kidou and I would really hope you would pursue a path in it. The kidou corps would love to have someone like you in their ranks. But as you said you are still feeling out where you want to go. You might be better with something else so that decision is entirely up to you. Just keep my words in mind."

"Thank you for the praise Takahashi-sensei. I will indeed keep your words in mind when i graduate. For now though I am going to head back to my dorm and get a good nights rest. I will see you bright and early for tomorrows class. Goodbye Takahashi-sensei."

*Tenkai bowed and then headed off to his dorm. He was exhausted after the events of the day and could really use some sleep. He was also thinking about how he missed his hakuda class today. He hoped his teacher wouldn't be pissed adding to the fact he missed out on his spar with Harumi. He wasn't looking forward at all to that class tomorrow. But what other choice did he have in the matter.*

Sentence Count: 89
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:23 pm

*Once again Tenkai showed up bright and early for kidou class. He walked onto the range and found only two other students there before him. He went ahead and walked to the back of the range and opened the sliding door to the office. When Tenkai opened the door Takahashi-sensei was already standing up and ready to leave the room. Making a hand motion to move Tenkai moved to the side of the door so Takahashi-sensei could come out. After leaving the office he shut the door and turned to Tenkai.*

"Good to see you Bushinji. I'm surprised you didn't take a day off. I would have figured the day after your injuries would be hurting more then the day of. It doesn't really matter though, it's good that your here. Anyway, Today you will be moving onto Geki and then after that Sekienton. Though Geki is a typical bakudou that binds and paralyzes. Sekienton however is very much so different then the norm. You will see as soon as you finish with Geki. Lets go Bushinji."

*Tenkai followed Takahashi-sensei as he began to walk towards one of the lanes with a straw dummy. Tenkai stood to the side of the lane and watched the dummy as Takahashi-sensei was going to give his example. He began to make various hand motions and then placed his right hand out towards the dummy while placing his left hand behind his right. He then began to recite an incantation before using the bakudou.*

"Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!! Look upon yourself with horror and then claw out your own throat!! Bakudou #9, Geki!!"

*The straw dummy then began to glow a crimson red and seemingly became paralyzed. Though on a dummy it was hard to see its effects but the fact that the bakudou was in use was more then apparent. After a few seconds of display Takahashi-sensei dispelled the bakudou and moved away so Tenkai could begin. Tenkai turned as he watched Takahashi-sensei begin walking away towards the class. He was to be doing it by himself once more as his teacher had other priorities. Tenkai mimicked the hand signs as best he could and placed his hands in the same manner as Takahashi-sensei did. He then began to recite the incantation and cast the bakudou.*

"Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!! Look upon yourself with horror and then claw out your own throat!! Bakudou #9, Geki!!"

*Tenkai looked forward as the straw dummy began to glow red. The difference between his and Takahashi-sensei's though was that it wasn't a constant red. The light shimmered all around the dummies body getting brighter or darker in different areas. After about five seconds the bakudou dispelled completely leaving Tenkai to try once more. Making the hand signs and placing his hands as necessary Tenkai prepared to use the bakudou once more. He began to recite the incantation as cast the bakudou once more.*

*The bakudou went into effect once more but this time the effect of the bakudou was more constructed. The dummy was almost a constant crimson red with minimal differentiation throughout it. Tenkai managed to hold the bakudou for fifteen seconds on this attempt but wanted to get up to a minute before he moved on to the next one. Repeating the hand signs and hand placement like before he prepared for the bakudou once more. Reciting the incantation he focused on the dummy and cast the bakudou.*

*The dummy began to glow that crimson red once more but this time it was solid and strong. The color didn't fade or brighten at all it just held strong. Tenkai though excited continued to focus on the task at hand as he tried to hold the bakudou for as long as he could. He counted away at the seconds as they continued to pass by. He had just passed the thirty second mark as the bakudou began to fade once more. He tried to focus more so but at that point it was a lost cause. He had managed to hold the bakudou for forty seconds before it faded. He was going to try it one more time though to get the minute that he wanted. Repeating the necessary procedures he began to recite the incantation once more.*

*The dummy glowed once again as it became restricted and paralyzed. Tenkai held the bakudou once more counting away the seconds getting closer and closer to the minute. He had passed the forty second mark and still there was no sign of weakening. Next was the fifty second mark and still he could hold the bakudou strong. Finally he had reached the minute mark and he was still holding it never wavering with his power. He continued going counting away the seconds further and further. Eventually the bakudou began to weaken and disipated once he hit one hundred seconds. He had almost managed to double the goal he was shooting for and was very proud of himself. Having already managed to finish with the geki Tenkai approached Takahashi-sensei to tell him he had finished.*

"Takahashi-sensei I managed to finish with the Geki, can we move on to the Sekienton now."

"Good job Bushinji, yes you can now begin learning the Sekienton. Let us move back towards the office to keep away from the other students. Also, we will not need to use a target or dummy to learn this bakudou. It will not involve another person to learn it either. Its a very simple yet very functional bakudou that can be useful in many different situations. Let's go."

"Alright Takahashi-sensei, lead the way."

*Tenkai followed Takahashi-sensei back to the side of the building next to the office. He wondered what the sekienton could be all the way there. It wasn't one that required a target or dummy. He also said it didn't require another person to help learn it. So it was something that involved a single person to learn. Tenkai was completely stumped for an answer.*

Sentence Count: 83
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:00 pm

*Tenkai followed Takahashi-sensei to the side of the building and waited as he prepared to proceed forward with the bakudou. Tenkai looked around a bit to see if any of the students had followed them. It wouldn't be that unusual to want to know what was going on seeing as Tenkai seemed to be favored over the other students.*

"Alright Bushinji pay attention. I'm going to use Sekienton. I really don't need to explain it to you as you will be able to figure out what it does by your own accord. Alright here we go."

*Takahashi-sensei raised his right hand up into the air and slammed it palm down into the ground. While doing that he simultaneously called out the name of the bakudou and put it into effect.*

"Bakudou #21, Sekienton!!"

*Tenkai watched as Takahashi-sensei's palm made contact with the ground. The second that it do so a large smoke screen flew into a large area around him completely hiding his position. Though a more advanced shinigami would be able to sense the presence of his reiryoku Tenkai was completely stumped as to where he was. Suddenly from behind him Tenkai felt a poke on his shoulder. Tenkai quickly turned around and Takahashi-sensei was standing behind him.*

"The purpose of sekienton is to function as a smoke bomb as is obvious. It is used primarily as an escape device when fighting against opponents who are much more powerful then yourself or if you find yourself in a risky position. I'm going to go ahead and get back to the class so they don't start doing anything stupid. You however can begin practicing the sekienton. Once you are finished the class will most likely be over so I will let you know if I have time set aside for after class today."

"Yes Takahashi-sensei. I will get started right away."

*Tenkai then turned back to the way he was facing before and prepared to begin his practice. He wasn't sure how would gauge his progress with the sekienton but he would eventually figure it out. Raising his hand up into the air Tenkai calm down slamming his palm into the ground.*

*The smoke cloud began to come out from his palm as it struck the ground and fan out around him. When Tenkai stood up he looked around and saw that the cloud was only up to his knees. Now he knew how he would gauge himself while practicing this bakudou. He would need to create a cloud that could fully cover himself and hide an escape. Tenkai prepared to go and practice the bakudou once more. He raised his palm up once more and then brought his hand down towards the ground. Bringing his hand down and smashing it into the ground Tenkai called out the bakudou.*

*The smoke began to pour out once more and slowly covered up his body. It moved up passed his knees and rose up to his lower chest hiding the majority of his body. He would need another attempt or two to produce a cloud large enough to conceal himself. Tenkai once again raised his arm up into the air and brought his palm down hard towards the ground. When his palm made contact with the ground he called out the bakudou as smoke began to start pouring out from his hand.*

*The bakudou began to cloud the area around him with the smoke used to escape. It continued to climb higher and higher. It went passed his knees and then passed his chest covering up to about eye level. It was good but he knew he still had a little bit more to go until it was complete. Waiting for the smoke to clear once more Tenkai rose his hand up into the air again. Bringing his hand down he smashed his palm hard into the ground and began to call out the bakudou.*

*The bakudou began to spew smoke from where his palm hit the ground and it swarmed the area. The cloud of smoke began to rise higher and higher covering up his body piece by piece. It eventually rose passed his eye level and covered the full length of his body. It continued to rise about another foot giving up enough cover to be able to move around in and escape if need be. Having completed yet another kidou Tenkai made his way to where Takahashi-sensei was and tell him he had finished.*

"Takahashi-sensei I have completed the Sekienton. I would assume that the class is over so there would be no further training for today."

"Yes that would be correct Bushinji. You may go on to your next class. As for after class training today I have a very small amount of time you could come for. Its only about fifteen or twenty minutes so let me know now if you don't want to go. It would only be enough time to learn one bakudou and that's if we rushed."

"No, that would be fantastic Takahashi-sensei. I will be here after classes today and get moving on to the next bakudou. Right now though I have to get moving, I don't want to end up late to my next class."

"Alright then, I will see you after classes today then Bushinji. Don't be late, I didn't set much time aside as it is. If you are late it would be pointless to even bother trying."

*Tenkai then bowed to Takahashi-sensei and made his way out of the range. He made his way off to zanjutsu class wondering what was going to happen when he got there. The events of the day before in class weren't exactly normal. He was most concerned about what Koga would say to him about his behavior. He himself wasn't even sure what had overcome him. All he knew is that his anger had got control of him and he just couldn't stop.*

Sentence Count: 64
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:16 pm

*Tenkai made his way back to the kidou range and saw Takahashi-sensei waiting for him near the back area in front of the office. Tenkai made his way over and stood in front of Takahashi-sensei. He wasn't acknowledged at first as it seemed that Takahashi-sensei had something that was on his mind.*

"Hmm, oh Bushinji your here. Good, we can begin work on the kyakko now. Let me give you an example of how it works and you can get started."

*Tenkai watched as Takahashi-sensei took a few steps away and then prepared to use the kidou. He placed his hands down in front of him and began to call out the bakudou.*

"Bakudou #26, Kyakko!!"

*Suddenly Tenkai watched Takahashi-sensei slowly vanish away until he was completely gone from presence. Tenkai looked around to see if he moved or would pop up behind him. He waited a few seconds and still Tenkai didn't noticed anything. Suddenly though he felt a poke behind him and he spun around to see who had poked him. When he turned there was nobody in sight yet once again he felt a poke behind him. He spun around back to the way he was facing before and yet still there was nobody there. Tenkai started to spin around in circles and backed up in which ever direction was opposite to him facing. He figured it was Takahashi-sensei that was doing this but he didn't know where he was. Suddenly though Tenkai heard a voice and turned around. There was Takahashi-sensei standing there laughing at Tenkai.*

"The purpose of Kyakko is to completely conceal ones presence and reiatsu. It makes it so it would seem like the person was never there at all. When used in conjunction with Sekienton it works as a very effective escape mechanism. It is also good with launching surprise attacks on your enemies. Now you can go ahead and begin practicing. I hope you can move fast since you only have another fifteen minutes to finish up."

"Alright Takahashi-sensei, I will let you know when I have finished"

*Tenkai then went to work on practicing the bakudou. It was yet one more bakudou that didn't involve training on something or with someone. It was all up to him to gauge his own performance and train. Tenkai did the same movements with his hands that Takahashi-sensei had done and then used the bakudou.*

"Bakudou #26, Kyakko!!"

*Tenkai then suddenly began to vanish out of sight and eventually became completely invisible. He walked about not sure what to do and just waited for the bakudou to wear off. After only twenty seconds he started to return back into visibility and the bakudou wore off. Tenkai set a goal for at least two minutes keeping the ability up. He figured if he was in combat that two minutes would give him enough time to flee if he needed to. Getting ready once more he did the necessary hand motions and prepared to use the bakudou again.*

"Bakudou #26, Kyakko!!"

*Tenkai vanished once more and began to walk around again. He ran back and forth on the range trying to see how far he could go with the amount of time he had available to him. He kept running back and forth until he started to come back into sight and then came to a halt once he was completely visible again. He had managed to count off eighty five seconds. He had managed to quadruple the amount of time that he had before. Now he only needed another thirty five seconds and he would be good to go. Performing the hand signs once more he then used the bakudou and started to slowly become invisible.*

"Bakudou #26, Kyakko."

*Tenkai began to vanish once again as his presence was completely hidden. He began to run around once more counting up the seconds that he was running. He counted off the first minute which was the half way point for him. He continued counting off the seconds getting ever closer to the two minutes that he wanted. He had just passed the last maximum he had and was now up to ninety seconds total. He was now moving closer and closer to the two minute mark as he was now at one hundred seconds. He only had twenty more to go yet those were probably the longest two seconds in his life. He eventually counted off another ten seconds and then counted the final ten off. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, and two minutes he had reached. he had managed to make the mark that he had set for himself. Though even after hitting the two minute mark he still remained invisible. He continued to count off the time just to record what his max was for reference. He had managed up to one hundred and sixty seconds. He then started to lose the invisibility. Once he had returned to normal he went over to the office where Takahashi-sensei was waiting.*

"Good, I assume you have finished since you are here. Well you finished that much faster then I would have thought you could. You still have another ten minutes perhaps a few more if I can stretch out my time. If you would like we can begin on Shitotsu Sansen right now. But if we are going to do that I need a yes or no right now from you."

"If you have the confidence that I can get it done in that amount of time then yes lets get started. Lead the way Takahashi-sensei."

"Alright, follow me then."

*Tenkai waited for Takahashi-sensei to get up and then the two walked over to one of the lanes with a dummy. Tenkai stood off to the side while he waited for Takahashi-sensei to give him an example of how to use the bakudou.*

"Alright, just like this. Bakudou #30, Shitotsu Sansen!!"

*Takahashi-sensei had aimed his right hand towards the dummy and placed his left hand behind his right. In his hand formed a small triangle of energy that began to slowly span out in front of him. Eventually a large equilateral triangle had formed with a small yellow pillar on each of the points. The triangle then flew forward at the target pinning the dummy against the wall behind it with the pillars. The pillars struck the dummy's arms and midsection. Takahashi-sensei then moved aside and then let Tenkai go ahead and try. Tenkai aimed his right hand out at the dummy and then placed his left hand behind his right. In the palm of his hand the triangle began to form just as it did for Takahashi-sensei. Once it was fully formed the three pillars formed and it shot forward at the dummy.*

"Bakudou #30, Shitotsu Sansen!!"

*The pillars pinned the dummy's arms and midsection just as it had done before. The pillars only held the dummy in place for a few seconds before it disipated though. The dummy then returned to its new position waiting for Tenkai's next barrage. Tenkai repeated the same hand positions as before and prepared to use the bakudou. The triangle began to form until it had fully formed itself in front of his hand.*

*The triangle and pillars shot forward and slammed hard into the dummy pinning it back into the wall as it had done before. This time the pillars held the dummy in place much longer then it had before. He counted up to forty seconds before the pillars loosened their grip and then disipated releasing the bakudou. Tenkai sighed as he was starting to get annoyed with the tedious work needed for learning kidou. Regardless of how annoyed he was he needed to get it over with. Tenkai aimed his hand out once more towards the dummy and prepared to fire the triangle and pillars again. Once the triangle had formed and the pillars appeared on the tips of them Tenkai aimed and prepared to fire it off.*

*The triangle shot forward at the dummy and pinned it up against the wall once more. Tenkai held the bakudou in place for as long as he could focusing his mind of keeping it in place. The bakudou held strong keeping the dummy pinned back against the wall for more then two minutes as he was counting the seconds. Eventually the pillars started to give way again and Tenkai stopped counting to try and focus more. Once he had the entirety of his being focused on the pillars they strengthened themselves again and held the dummy back up against the wall. It held up like that for another good minute or so before once again it started to give way. Tenkai eventually was getting tired and just ended up releasing the bakudou after three and a half minutes. Having finished his work with the bakudou he went towards the exit of the range where Takahashi-sensei was waiting for him.*

"So Bushinji how did you manage out with the Shitotsu Sansen. If i had to take a guess I would say that you managed to finish it just in time."

"Yes indeed I did Takahashi-sensei. I actually just finished the Shitotsu Sansen and was on my way out. I am heading back to my dorm now but I wanted to ask you a quick question about class tomorrow. Now that I have finished the basic kidou that are required of a normal student will I be able to start learning more advanced kidou."

"Hmm, I suppose we could go ahead and try one out and see how you managed with it. If you do as well as you have been doing with learning kidou though you should have no problem with them. Though we would be starting once again with hadou it will be much more difficult then the last one that you had learned. I hope you are just ready for the trials that are waiting ahead for you."

"I am very ready for whatever is waiting for me Takahashi-sensei. I will learn whatever you would be willing to teach me. I look forward to class tomorrow morning. I will be on my way to my dorm now and get a good nights rest. I will see you in class tomorrow."

*Tenkai then bowed to Takahashi-sensei and made his way off from the range. He walked off heading towards his dorm ready to go to sleep and get a good nights rest. He was exhausted from having to fit those two bakudou in with such a small window of time. It took every ounce of energy he had to just managed to finish the two of them on time.*

Sentence Count: 123
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:56 pm

*Tenkai showed up right on time for kidou class. He walked onto the range and began to head back to the office where Takahashi-sensei was. He slid the door open and saw Takahashi-sensei sitting down drinking some tea. He was motioned inside where he sat down and was offered a cup of tea. Tenkai happily accepted it and started to drink. The question however was still tearing away at him and he wanted to talk to Takahashi-sensei about it.*

"Takahashi-sensei, if I may there is something I would like to ask you about that has been bothering me for a while. It's sort of personal yet not."

"Well we are in private so go ahead Bushinji, let me know whats on your mind."

"Well, when I got back to my dorm yesterday I started thinking. These thoughts eventually turned into doubts and a simple yet complex question came into my mind. Is it worth it. By that I mean all of this, being a shinigami and this lifestyle that you all have to live."

"I see, its completely reasonable for you to be thinking like that Tenkai. This lifestyle your going to be entering into is anything but easy. There will be many hardships on the road of your future if you continue this path. But is it any better then what the alternative is. There is no real is it worth it, its just if you trust yourself enough to continue. What we do is protect those whom cannot protect themselves. Our cause is just and our resolve is strong, but it is very demanding. It sometimes means doing things that we wouldn't want to and that contend with our own judgement. Ultimately it comes down to one thing, do you trust yourself enough to continue on your path?"

*Tenkai was struck hard by Takahashi-sensei's answer. Did he in fact trust himself? Or was he just scared that he would not succeed if he continued forward. Regardless of what he did there would always be challenges somewhere down the road. Right now the path he was taking he knew was the right one but was he ready for it. He knew the only way that he would ever find out is to continue walking down it. Tenkai finished his tea and then stood up quickly, he then opened the door and turned around to face Takahashi-sensei.*

"Takahashi-sensei, I would like to thank you for your time and words. My resolve has been strengthened more then it has ever been before. I am ready to get use this resolve to continue on my path as far as I can. I will start this new day with your teachings to excel further then ever before."

"Good Tenkai, then let us begin. I have the scroll here for both Haien and Tenran. I want you to take a look at both of them and practice them today. I am also going to give you permission to come to the range and practice even while I am not here. You are definitely strong enough and have grown enough to be able to handle this alone. Inside of my office as well there is a rack with several more scrolls on it for hadou and bakudou. There is only one more hadou higher then those two but there are several bakudou you can learn as well. I trust you to use them as efficiently as you possibly can. Now go on and get to work, you don't need my old bones slowing you down."

"Thank you so very much Takahashi-sensei. Your wisdom and generosity will never be forgotten."

*Tenkai then ran off towards one of the lanes with a target to get started on practice. He unrolled the first scroll he had been handed and began to read it. It was hadou #54, Haien. It was much more advanced then any of the other hadou that he had learned before and would also be much harder to learn. He studied the scroll closely taking out as much information as he possibly could from it. After he had studied it to the point that he knew he could effectively perform it he tied it back up and placed it up his left sleeve. He did the same with the other scroll that Takahashi-sensei had given to him. Lining himself up with the lane he placed his right hand out open palmed towards the target. Tenkai then took his left hand and grabbed his right wrist to try and keep his composure while practicing. He knew the power behind the attack was going to be intense so he wanted to be ready for it. He dug in to the ground a bit and bent his right elbow for recoil. Purple energy began to charge up in the palm of his hand and was glowing brightly. Tenkai aimed his hand at the target and then called out the hadou.*

"Hadou #54, Haien!!"

*The orb in his hand grew exponentially in size and then fired off at the target with great power. It managed to knock Tenkai backwards onto his ass when he shot it. He was not expecting that much power to be behind the attack but it was more then he was used to handling. The hadou itself flew up into the air at a forty five degree angle totally missing the target and over the fence behind it. Tenkai shook his head in disappointment at his first attempt and got himself off the ground. He got stepped up to the lane and lined himself up once more. He positioned his hands as before and prepared to fire the hadou once again. The purple orb slowly formed again in his palm as he prepared to fire off the hadou once more.*

"Hadou #54, Haien!!"

*The hadou shot from his hand just as forcefully as before and shot at the target. Tenkai managed to not fall onto his ass this time but the force still jerked his arm a bit. The hadou shot off to the right and flew into the fence to the side of his lane. It managed to leave a nice scorch mark but with all the other burns and damages to the fence from students practicing it wouldn't really even be noticed. Tenkai lined himself up once more for another shot. He positioned his hands again and aimed the hadou at the target. He tried to keep his arm in a position where it could accommodate the recoil from the haien. He aimed his hand at the target and the purple orb began to charge in his palm once again. He fine tuned his aim and then shot the haien out at the target.*

"Hadou #54, Haien!!"

*The hadou rocketed from his palm and at the target. Tenkai managed to keep his arm from jerking from the recoil to keep his aim as good as it could be at this point. He watched the hadou shoot at the target and strike it hard. A cloud of smoke covered the area after the hadou struck hiding the target from sight. Tenkai waited a bit for the smoke to clear to see where he had struck the target. After the smoke had cleared a bit he saw the target in the same spot that it had been in before. He knew that it didn't swing back that far since he had just barely managed to strike the target. The hadou had managed to strike the target on bottom right edge. Tenkai was happy since he had actually managed to strike the target but he still had more work to do. He lined up with the lane again and aimed his hand out at the target. He bolstered himself to prepare for the recoil as the purple orb started to form. Tenkai then called out the hadou and shot the purple orb off at the target.*

"Hadou #54, Haien!!"

*The haien shot off from his palm and flew at the target. It drew closer and closer by the second and then smashed hard into the target. Once again the explosion from impact caused a cloud of smoke to shoot up covering the target and surrounding area. Tenkai waited a bit for the smoke to clear while he tried to see the target. The smoke started to clear up revealing to him the target just returning to its sitting position. He had managed to strike the target much better then the last time but still had some more work to do. He positioned himself like before and brought his hands up as necessary. He then aimed at the target as the purple orb began to form in his palm. He put the final tweaks on his aim and shot off the hadou at the target.*

"Hadou #54, Haien!!"

Sentence Count: 100
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 7:11 pm

*Tenkai watched as the haien shot out of his hand and flew at the target. It got closer and closer and then nailed its mark. Unfortunately it didn't nail the mark with incredible accuracy. The haien had struck the middle of the lower half of the target. It was progress but still wasn't enough. Tenkai needed to get that bulls eye badly so he could continue with his training. He lined up with the lane again and positioned his hands as before. The purple orb began to form in his palm as he aimed at the target. He then called out the hadou and shot the purple orb at the target.*

"Hadou #54, Haien!!"

*The purple orb shot out once more and flew towards the target. It got closer and closer and then slammed into the target. The explosion clouded the target in smoke once more as Tenkai listened closely for the noise. He knew that it was close but he wasn't sure if he had actually hit. He waited and after a few seconds still nothing. The smoke began to clear as the target swung back into place. Tenkai had managed to strike the target just below the bulls eye. He would most likely be able to get a bulls eye on his next attempt and was ready to move on to the next hadou. He positioned his hands once again as the purple orb began to form in his palm. He aimed his hand at the target and then let the hadou fire off.*

"Hadou, #54 Haien!!"

*The hadou flew off at the target and smashed into it hard. It managed to strike the target dead on at the bulls eye as it swung back. The smoke then began to cloud the area as Tenkai listened closely waiting for the ding off the bell. After waiting a second the noise that he had been waiting for finally rang out to him. He had managed a bulls eye but he wasn't done yet. He wanted to shoot for one more just to be sure he had his aim down. He stepped up to the lane and prepared his hands. The purple orb began to charge in his palm once again as he aimed at the target.*

"Hadou #54, Haien!!"

*The orb shot out from his palms and rocketed at the target. It drew closer and closer until it smashed into the target with a powerful boom. Smoke clouded the area hiding the target from being seen but Tenkai wasn't trying to see it. He listened closely waiting for the ding once more. After waiting a second there came the second ding that Tenkai had awaited. With that ding he was now done with the Haien and could move on to the next hadou he had been presented with, Tenran. Tenkai slipped the scroll out from his sleeve and opened it up and began to study it. This particular hadou was a bit different then the rest. It didn't function specifically as an attack spell but could also be used to defend against attacks. But primarily it would still be used as an attack spell with slight defensive capabilities. Tenkai studied the scroll until he figured that he had it down. He tied it back up and stuck it back into his sleeve and prepared to get back to work. He stepped up to the lane and took the same position with his hands as he had done with the Haien. He aimed his hand at the target and called out the hadou.*

"Hadou #58, Tenran!!"

*The hadou spiraled out from his hand as a tornado like spiraling wind formed heading at the target. The wind engulfed the target making it extremely hard to even be able to strike the target. Tenkai figured for something like this a target wasn't going to be the best thing to use to train. He moved to one of the lanes with a straw dummy and began to practice there. He placed his hand up and braced his wrist with his left hand. He then dug in to the ground and aimed his palm at the dummy. He then called out the hadou as the tornado began to form.*

"Hadou #58, Tenran!!"

*The wind spiraled out at the dummy getting closer and closer. The wind engulfed the target and made it flail about in the wind as much as it could being attached to the metal pole. After a few seconds the wind began to disipate and stop completely. Tenkai was going to need to make it so the wind would continue and maintain itself. He aimed his hand out once more at the target and prepared to fire it off once more. He called out the hadou as the spiral began to form in the palm of his hand.*

"Hadou #58, Tenran!!"

*The wind flew out at the dummy ripping a path through the air. The wind whipped around some of the dirt on the ground blew it as it made its way to the dummy. When it reached the dummy it engulfed it and whipped it around in the air once again. The spiraling tornado was incredible violent as it ripped apart some of the dummy. Some straw came out and flew around in the air accompanied by the dirt with it. After about twenty seconds the wind disipated and faded away leaving the dummy in its spot once more. The dirt and straw that was in the air came down and settled back onto the ground below. Tenkai went ahead and moved to another lane as to not completely destroy the dummy. He aimed his right hand out open palmed at his new dummy. He grasped his right wrist with his left hand and prepared to fire the hadou again. In the palm of his hand the spiral began to form and shoot towards the dummy.*

"Hadou #58, Tenran!!"

*The hadou spiraled out from his hand as a tornado like spiraling wind formed heading at the target. It launched forward like a bat out of hell engulfing the target. The dummy swirled around violently whipping around attached to only the pole. While it swept around the wind started to slowly dissipate. Eventually the wind completely died down leaving the dummy hanging on the metal pole. Tenkai rolled his eyes as the work was starting to get repetitive. He needed to get back to work though and positioned himself. He lined himself up with the target and prepared his hands. Placing his right arm out and his left hand over his right wrist he started again. He put some final aiming on his handed and called out the hadou.*

"Hadou #58, Tenran!!"

*The wind spiraled out at the dummy getting closer and closer. The wind engulfed the target and made it flail about in the wind as much as it could being attached to the metal pole. After a few seconds the wind began to disipate and stop completely. Tenkai was going to need to make it so the wind would continue and maintain itself. He aimed his hand out once more at the target and prepared to fire it off once more. He called out the hadou as the spiral began to form in the palm of his hand.*

"Hadou #58, Tenran!!"

*The wind flew out at the dummy ripping a path through the air. The wind whipped around some of the dirt on the ground blew it as it made its way to the dummy. When it reached the dummy it engulfed it and whipped it around in the air once again. The spiraling tornado was incredible violent as it ripped apart some of the dummy. Some straw came out and flew around in the air accompanied by the dirt with it. After about twenty seconds the wind dissipated and faded away leaving the dummy in its spot once more. The dirt and straw that was in the air came down and settled back onto the ground below. Tenkai went ahead and moved to another lane as to not completely destroy the dummy. He aimed his right hand out open palmed at his new dummy. He grasped his right wrist with his left hand and prepared to fire the hadou again. In the palm of his hand the spiral began to form and shoot towards the dummy.*

"Hadou #58, Tenran!!"

Sentence Count: 105

Last edited by Tenkai Bushinji on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:08 pm

*The hadou flew out at the dummy closing the distance quickly. It then quickly engulfed the dummy whipping it around in the wind tunnel. The dummy began to get ripped apart as the straw flew out from it gathering in the wind. The dust from the ground kicked up creating a large whirling cyclone of debree. Tenkai kept his arm out while also shielding himself with his left hand from the debree. With only his right hand in control of the hadou he slowly lost control of it. It whipped out of control making its own path around the range. Tenkai closed his hand and tried to retake control of the out of control tornado. He attempted to cut off the power that he was using but failed miserably. Perhaps that was why he would need more control. But right now that was far from what he needed to think about. Tenkai let loose of the spiraling wind tornado and let it go off towards the end of the range. Fortunately as far as directions were concerned it decided to take off towards the side where the students weren't. It crashed hard into the wall leaving it a bit scraped up but for the long run undamaged. Tenkai turned back to face the dummy and wanted to try a different firing method. He placed his hands next to each other open palmed facing the dummy. He then called out the hadou and prepared to see what would happen.*

"Hadou #58, Tenran!!"

*The hadou flew forward spiraling out from between his hands. With both of his hands together it made it easier for him to control it but not so much to control the direction of it. It went forward at the dummy and gathered it up in its spiraling wind. The dummy flailed about left and right being caught up by the wind. The wind kept moving back towards the wall trying to take the dummy with it. Not having anywhere else to go other then into the wall the dummy was being dragged back by the wind as well. Eventually the wind disipated leaving the now tattered dummy hanging on the pole. Tenkai prepared once more to use the hadou. At this point it was getting immensely tedious but he needed to get it done. He moved down to another lane now that the current dummy he was using was in pieces. Once he was situated he prepared himself and called out the hadou. The whirlwind slowly started to form as he prepared the hadou.*

"Hadou #58, Tenran!!"

*The hadou rippled from his hands and flew into the new dummy. It threw it around within its powerful grasp. The dummy flailed about being restrained from being lost in the wind by the pole keeping it in place. The wind continued to roar on ripping the dummy apart long after his last attempt. The wind however had nowhere to go just like before. It continued to rip through and smashed into the wall trying to move forward. The wind would just have to keep pressing on with no progress until it dissipated. The entire time the dummy was being ripped apart by the bustling wind kicking it around like a small toy. The dummy was being ripped limb from limb as its arms were ripped off. Its legs followed soon after leaving an amputate corpse doll left hanging onto the pole. But the wind wasn't through with it yet. It continued to whip about starting to loosen the rest of the seams on the dummy. One by one the stitches came out leading to dismemberment of the dummy. Straw poured out from the dummies open 'wound' leaving it a simple sack on a pole. Not long after the dummy was ripped clean off the pole leaving it on the ground as the wind started to dissipate. Once finished Tenkai had enough of this training and figured he was finished. Tenkai had now finished up with his Tenran training and was ready to head on to his next class. He stood up and walked off towards where the rest of the class was gathered listening to Takahashi-sensei. Tenkai waited until Takahashi-sensei had dismissed the class and walked over to him to tell him of his progress.*

"Takahashi-sensei I had managed to finish up both the Haien and Tenran. I was wondering what I should move on to next. I was thinking I should move on to the bakudou and wait to move on to the more difficult hadou. Just slowly move up in difficulty."

"Whatever you think is good Tenkai. I'm leaving this all in your hands at this point. You have more en enough skill in kidou at this point to do this on your own. All you need are those scrolls and somewhere to practice. I have provided you with both so its up to you now. In my personal opinion now though I would go with you initial plan. Move on to the less difficult bakudou for now and continue like that till you get to the more difficult ones. Then switch back to hadou and move on. Like I said though I only have up to the low sixties as far as the kidou are concerned in scrolls. The rest you would have to learn from a superior or perhaps in the kidou corps. Well, you would best be heading off to your next class now. Wouldn't want to be late."

"Yes indeed. Thank you Takahashi-sensei for your help though. I will be back here later today just in case your are here. If not then I will see you tomorrow at class then. Goodbye Takahashi-sensei."

*As Tenkai turned off and started to walk he remembered he just wanted to ask Takahashi-sensei something. The question was more so sparked up by what he had said more then a question he had before. He turned back to Takahashi-sensei and cleared his throat to get his attention.*

"Takahashi-sensei I wanted to ask you something, its regarding the kidou corps. I was wondering how one gets into the kidou corps."

"Well the kidou corps is obviously a group that specializes in kidou. The group itself is relatively secret but to get in you need to have extensive kidou knowledge. As of now though the group itself is sort of misguided. They have no captain or vice captain to lead them so the officers try to decide how it functions. It functions like a democracy, but usually they do whatever they want anyway. I don't actually know what they do though, only how they function. I myself was once a part of the kidou corps. I then came here to teach, that would explain my background. Most kidou teachers have some background in the kidou corps since we teach it. But to put it simply, to get in you need extensive kidou knowledge. You need to be able to use them effectively in both in and out of combat situations. Other then that you just need to have graduated and have a decent level of strength. Other then kidou there isn't anything special that is required. I hope that answers your question."

"Yes it did indeed Takahashi-sensei. I was actually thinking of joining the kidou corps I just needed to know more about them. I will have to keep contemplating my decision though. I most likely won't be sure until the time comes for graduation. Still though I also want to increase my kidou knowledge further though. Regardless of whether I decide to join or not it would be good to be strong in all areas. Plus kidou seems to be an invaluable skill in and out of combat. It will most likely prove to be useful in the future. Anyway as I said I most likely won't decide till graduation. That way I will know where I stand as far as skills go. I will be going now though, goodbye again Takahashi-sensei."

*Tenkai then turned around and headed off to his zanjutsu class. This would be his first time practicing controlling his reiryoku. He wasn't sure if it would be easy or difficult but he was looking forward to it. He wanted to be able to control his powers and utilize them to their fullest.*

Sentence Count: 97
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:19 am

*Tenkai headed to the kidou range after leaving his special reiryoku training with Koga. He arrived on the range just as the last class was leaving. Takahashi-sensei was walking back to the office when Tenkai caught sight of him. Tenkai quickly ran to catch up to him before he went back into his office. He caught up to Takahashi-sensei and tapped him on his shoulder to get his attention. Tenkai took a second to catch his breath before speaking.*

"Hello Takahashi-sensei, I'm here to practice at the range again. I just wanted to let you know I was here since your here as well. The scrolls that I need for Tsuriboshi and Enkosen are in your office right?"

"Ah, hello Tenkai. Yes the scrolls are indeed in the office. Go ahead inside and get the ones that you need. I trust you enough to let you go ahead and find them yourselves. Just try not to make a mess. Also, remember that once you are done with the scroll be sure to return them to their spots. I don't need to be missing scrolls because you forgot to put them back. Anyway I'm going to head into the office and grab some things and them I will be gone. Try not to destroy anything while your here unsupervised."

"Don't worry Takahashi-sensei, your trust in me will not be misplaced."

*Tenkai then ran off towards the office with Takahashi-sensei and went inside. He had to rummage around a bit in the cabinets that Takahashi-sensei used to store the scrolls. He eventually however did manage to find them and pulled the two out that he had wanted to use. He opened up the individual scrolls one by one and looked at them. The way that the two scrolls functioned it seemed much different then anything he had practiced before. To be able to use them he would need someone else to train with. The first one, Tsuriboshi functioned as a safety net. He would need to have someone or something fall into the net to test his durability with the bakudou. From there he would just continue to train with it until it could withstand whatever amount of weight he wanted it to hold. Looking around though he noticed that Takahashi-sensei had vanished off and he needed to find someone to train with. After a deep moment of thought he knew who he could ask. Tenkai then grabbed a hell butterfly sending it off to send a message to his zanjutsu and now reiryoku teacher Koga. After waiting a few minutes the hell butterfly returned with another message. Tenkai put his finger out and caught the butterfly on the tip of it listening to the message.*

"Sure Tenkai I'll come over and help you train your kidou. As long as it doesn't involve me actually using the kidou then I'm up for it. You will have to wait a few minutes though as I'm just cleaning up around the classroom after the last class. After that I will be there as soon as I can. See you in a few."

*Tenkai was excited now that he was with a training partner again. He didn't want to have to postpone his training practice for the day with kidou. It was enough of a pain learning it on the schedule he had, he didn't want to have to take a day off because he didn't have a partner. Tenkai decided he would go and sit down on one of the benches while he waited for Koga to show up. He looked up at the sky and stared at the differently shaped clouds. The vastness of the sky always mesmerized him. It was the same thing for him with the sea. He always imagined that right now as he was staring up at it that somewhere else, someone was staring at the same sky, or the same sea. He saw it as something that connect everyone without them even really knowing it. While Tenkai was going ahead and looking up at the sky he heard something off towards the entrance of the range. Looking over he saw Koga approaching from the entrance of the range. Tenkai slowly stood up and stretched a bit before walking over to Koga. The two bowed to one another and then just stood Koga waiting to see what Tenkai wanted to do.*

"Alright Tenkai, I know you called me here to help you practice your kidou but can you explain to me exactly what we will be doing."

"Alright, well the first kidou is Tsuriboshi. It functions as a safety net to catch i would imagine people or objects. It might even be able to catch falling attacks but I didn't see any explanation of that on the scroll. Just my imagination at work I suppose. Anyway, what I would like for you to do is either fall into the net yourself or drop things into the net. I would suggest dropping things into it since if you jump into and it breaks you would get hurt. The choice to do so is yours."

"Well alright, but where are we gonna find stuff to drop into it. There really isn't anything around here that we could use to drop into the net to test it. I'm pretty sure Takahashi wouldn't want you dropping furniture from inside his office either. So your gonna need to come up with some kind of plan."

*Tenkai paced around for a few minutes trying to come up with something that he could use to test the Tsuriboshi while training. He continued to pace and looked around at the lanes. When his eyes came up on the straw dummies he instantly came up with an idea. With his face over come with inspiration he turned to Koga to tell him his new found idea.*

"Koga, what if we used some of the wooden dummies that are in your classroom. Those weigh a good thirty pounds each, we could just drop those into the net. You also have plenty of those in your class so there is more then enough weight there. I would say that we would need to bring around twenty of them. A six hundred pound total would be good to test for a situation where you were catching multiple objects. So lets go and grab those."

"Well, I guess that could work. It's not like I really even use them that much anyway. Alright then lets go, I just hope we don't break too many of them in the process."

*Tenkai and Koga proceeded to go ahead over to the zanjutsu classroom and gather some of the wooden dummies. They ended up making several trips back and forth as they could only carry two or three each every trip. Eventually they had gathered a total of twenty dummies for use to practice the kidou. Tenkai looked around at all the dummies and was excited to begin the training now. The one thing the dummies made him think of though that he was looking forward to was putting them back. It was a necessary evil for the training.*

"Koga, lets drag these over to the woods near the range. This way I have something that the Tsuriboshi can latch on to when I use it. It would also be much easier to put the dummies in the net. We can just drop them down from above the tree and actually simulate a falling person."

"Ahhh, we just wheeled these damned things over here. Now we have to move them again. Why in the hell didn't you say so in the first freaking place while we were bringing them in."

"Sorry, heheh. I didn't even think about doing it until we had everything set up. I guess it's just one of those errors that happens that is unavoidable. No point in complaining over spilt milk you know. Let's just get these dummies moved over to the woods."

*Begrudgingly Koga helped Tenkai move the twenty dummies they just hauled into the nearby woods. They found an area where the trees weren't too thick but there were enough to latch onto with the Tsuriboshi. Tenkai stood all the dummies up next to the tree they would be dropped from and waited for Koga to get into position.*

"Alright Koga, I'm ready to get started. How are you doing, you ready to go?"

"As ready as I'll ever be I guess. Just let me know when your going to start so I can start hauling the dummies up the tree. Once you've cast the bakudou I'll start dropping them down into the net from the tree."

"Alright, I'm ready to go. Bakudou #37, Tsuriboshi!!"

*Tenkai pointed his hands upwards towards the grouping of trees and a blue spandex like material began to form. It continued to grow and then latched out connecting to the surrounding trees. It formed what looked like a blue stringy star trampoline. Tenkai continued to hold his hands up trying to concentrate on keeping the net up. For his first time he was doing horrible as was to be expected. The net itself was especially stringy and slowly sunk lower and lower to the ground. Eventually Tenkai just let off from it and it slumped to the ground and slowly vanished. Though disappointed but not beaten Tenkai was prepared to try it again. He placed his hands up aiming them at the cluster of trees and called out the bakudou.*

"Bakudou #37, Tsuriboshi."

*The blue spandex star began to slowly appear again and grow. It latched on to the surrounding trees like before and held strong between them. This time the net was much more stable then the first time but it was far from perfect. Tenkai looked up at Koga for a moment and nodded letting him know it was time. With the cue being set Koga began to drop wooden dummies from the tree up above. He let the first one go and it landed safely in the net. Then he dropped the second one and shortly after that a third one. The net was up to ninety pounds and it was still looking good. Koga pushed off another two dummies and still the net held strong. Tenkai watched it though as it was slowly starting to sink from the weight. Koga pushed off one more dummy and that was the final straw for the net. It sunk like a rock after the last dummy landed on it sending all of them to the ground. The net slowly dissipated once again and the six dummies that were used just layed about on the ground like sacks of potato. Tenkai went ahead and moved them back over to the base of the tree and prepared to try once more. Holding his hands up at the cluster of trees he prepared to use the bakudou once more.*

"Bakudou #37, Tsuriboshi!!"

*The net grew and went outwards latching onto the surrounding trees. This time though the net was much stronger and stayed firmly in place upon being formed. Tenkai gave Koga the cue to start dropping dummies and so he did. He dropped the first pair of dummies landing sixty pounds onto the net. Tenkai watched as the net didn't even flinch but did give way slightly so as for the dummies to not be slamming into a figurative concrete floor. It soon retracted back upwards into its strongly held position. Next came another pair of dummies tumbling down onto the net and they landed without incident. The net held strong as if begging for more weight to be added. Koga went ahead and rolled off three dummies instead of the usual two. Now with two hundred and ten pounds on the net it still did not budge under the weight. Koga seeing as the net was still going strong dropped off another three dummies. They crashed down to the net landing atop some of the other dummies that were already there. Now three hundred pounds were being held in the net and it slowly began to sink. It lowered itself about six inches but then stopped once more. Koga decided to drop off only two more this time. The dummies landed down on the net as it slowly began to sink once again. It dropped another six inches and leveled off again. Koga dropped down two more dummies on top of what was already there which would be the final straws. Now with four hundred and twenty pounds on it the net couldn't handle anymore and it came crashing down to the ground. Tenkai though he could have kept going until he hit his six hundred goal was feeling lazy. Though six hundred would have been better he estimated the max weight of his net holding at around four hundred which would be good enough.*

"Thanks for all the help Koga now we are down with the Tsuriboshi. We can move on to the Enkosen, I know you will like it much better."

"Oh is that right, what does it have to do with?"

"Well, the essence of the Enkosen is that of a shield. Basically to test the strength of my shield I need you to attack it with everything you've got. I will slowly start to improve the quality of it until it can withstand several hits from your zanpaktou. Once it can withstand five or so hits I think it would be adequate for combat usage."

"Well, its your kidou learning right now. Whatever you say goes, just as long as I don't actually have to use any. Never did like kidou at all. Just didn't sit right with me. That's why I am a zanjutsu teacher after all. Anyway let's move these dummies to the entrance of the range so they will be easier to move back once we are finished with the Enkosen."

*Tenkai nodded and the two got to work. It took about fifteen minutes to move the twenty dummies over to the entrance but they got it done. The two then moved back inside the range preparing to move on to the next bakudou.*

Sentence Count: 167
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:27 pm

"Alright Koga, We can move on to the next bakudou now since Tsuriboshi is done. I'm gonna go ahead and study the scroll and then we can move on to actually practicing the bakudou. Now just try not to go to hard on me. I don't want to end up getting hurt once more."

"Alright, just let me know on the first attack if it's good or not. I wouldn't want to go to easy on you either. Your lucky your not training with someone like the captain commander or you really might end up getting hurt. Anyway just let me know when you are ready."

*Tenkai went ahead and untied the string keeping the Enkosen scroll together. He opened it up and began to study the scroll. He looked at how it was to be performed and what needed to be done to use it. After he figured he got enough out of the scroll he went ahead and tied it back up and placed it into his left sleeve. He then turned back to Koga and was ready to begin.*

"Alright Koga, I'm ready to go. I'll make the shield up and then you can go ahead and give it a hit. From there we will just keep going forward until it can withstand multiple strikes without breaking. Just try not to hurt me or damage any of the surroundings."

*Tenkai stuck both of his hands out in front of him and prepared to use the Enkosen. A small very light blue sheet of energy began to form in front of his hands. After a few seconds it slowly began to grow larger and larger. Tenkai then called out the bakudou finishing the formation of it.*

"Bakudou #39, Enkosen!!"

*The blue shield expanded outwards into what looked like a large triangle in front of his body. It covered his facial area with the exception of the very top of his head. It also managed to cover his torso and arms and ended just shy of where his knees were. Tenkai held the shield out in front of him and gave a nod at Koga to begin. Koga simply nodded back and drew his zanpaktou from the sheath. He rose his blade into the air and came down with a hard strike at the shield. When the blade hit the shield it completely shattered leaving Tenkai defenseless.*

"Well that was easy. It seems like your going to need a hell of a lot of practice to defend with that shield. This is why I prefer to just use my zanpaktou. It's strong, its trustworthy, and its easy to wield. No need for lengthy incantations and practicing other then actually fighting with it. It's an all around good weapon as well as the main source of power for shinigami."

"It's always good to have a back up plan though just in case of emergencies. You never know what might happen on the field of battle."

"I suppose so. Anyway let's get back to your training."

*Tenkai nodded and placed his hands out once more. The small blue shield formed again and started to slowly expand outwards as Tenkai focused. He then called out the bakudou causing the shield to expand outward into its fully formed state.*

"Bakudou #39, Enkosen!!"

*The shield formed once more covering the same distance it had done before. It was hopefully going to be stronger this second time around since Tenkai didn't want to be here all day just training this one bakudou. He held the shield out in front of him and nodded again at Koga. Raising his blade up into the air again Koga came down on the shield with a powerful slash. The blade struck the shield hard but did not break it. Instead the shield took the full blow and cracked greatly around the area that was struck and slowly expanded outwards. Koga went ahead and brought his blade up again and came down at the shield with another powerful blow. This time however the shield could not withstand another strike and shattered under the force of the attack.*

"Well, there's one hit that it can withstand. Now you just need four more and we can finish up here."

"Indeed, now its just a matter of how long it will take to get those four extra hits. I just hope it won't take all that long. Anyway lets move on. The two of us talking is just going to drag this out even further."

"Indeed, let's get back to work then."

*Tenkai placed his hands back out facing towards Koga. In his palms the small blue shield began to form slowly and expand outwards. Tenkai then called out he bakudou resulting in the fully forming Enkosen out in front of himself.*

"Bakudou #39, Enkosen!!"

*Tenkai nodded at Koga signaling him that it was time to begin. Koga took his blade up into the air and swung down hard at the shield. It came down and cracked hard into the shield causing seemingly very little damage. The area of impact cracked slightly under the force but that was all. Koga came back with another strike causing the shield to crack even further like it did the first time. Now with what would be the final attack for this round Koga brought his blade up smashing it down hard into the shield once again. The shield upon taking the hit could not hold itself anymore and shattered to the ground dissipating. Tenkai decided to sit down and take a short break before starting again. The repeated kidou sessions were starting to take their toll on him as far as energy was concerned. Not to mention having just finished up a reiryoku training session prior to that.*

"You seem a bit tired there. You feeling alright? We can just postpone this until later if you want, you have been training a lot today after all."

"No, no, I just want to get this over with. The sooner I finish these up the sooner that I can move on to bigger and better things. I actually plan to go ahead and take the academy exams once I finish with the reiryoku training tomorrow. I might try to squeeze in another kidou or two tomorrow but other then that I think I will be finished here. I don't see any reason why I would fail."

"Indeed, you are more powerful then most students that come to this academy. I really cannot imagine you failing the exams. Though some of it is book knowledge a large portion of it is also skills. These are skills that you have trained and practiced with leading up to what you are now. This should be no problem for you."

"Well anyway, lets get back to work. Here we are rambling on once again about the future. I would rather just continue moving on into the future instead of just talking about it."

*Tenkai went ahead and prepared to use the Enkosen once more. The shield slowly started to form in the palms of his hands as he placed them out in front of him. He turned to face Koga as the shield was slowly forming. Tenkai then called out the bakudou finishing the form.*

"Bakudou #39, Enkosen!!"

*The shield expanded outwards forming into its full bodied form in front of him. Tenkai turned to face Koga with the shield preparing for the attacks. Tenkai nodded at Koga letting him know it was time to begin once more. He braced him self for the strikes and waited for Koga to attack. Koga came around and struck at the shield hard with his blade. The blade came down hard on the shield but to no avail. The shield managed to defend against the first strike and showed no signs of damage. Koga nodded in approval as he wheeled about for the second attack. He rose his blade up high and came down hard on the shield. The blade smashed down hard on the shield once again causing it to begin to crack. Though now weakening the shield still held somewhat strong. Koga came back once more with his blade held up high and came down on the shield again. The blade crashed down hard causing the shield to crack much more. Koga then brought his blade up once more preparing for the final strike. The blade came down hard into the shield causing it to shatter down onto the ground. Once the shield had completely broken the shard dissipated up into the sky.*

"Well, your getting close. You just need to manage one more hit and then we can wrap this up for the day. I suppose when your done here your going to head back to your dorm and get yourself some sleep."

"You got that right. Today has just been completely exhausting. But in the long run it was all very rewarding. I managed to learn a lot and improve my skills massively. In the end I will be much better of with these skills of mine."

*Tenkai went ahead to wrap up the practice. He only needed the shield to withstand one more strike to manage a total of five. After that he could be finished for the day. Placing his hands outwards towards Koga the shield slowly started to form itself. Tenkai then called out the bakudou allowing it to fully form and expand into its normal form.*

"Bakudou #39, Enkosen!!"

*The shield was no prepared for the final run through. Tenkai placed his hands out facing towards Koga with the shield. He then nodded at Koga and the attacking would commence. Koga brought his blade up into the air and then struck down hard at the shield with no result. He then went and struck at it once more with a powerful strike. Still after two hits the shield showed no signs of damage. Koga came around with his third strike smashing hard into the shield. The shield started to crack a bit but the damage was barely noticeable. Koga came around with his fourth strike and smashed down into the shield. It started to crack more but could still take some punishment. Koga rose his blade up into the air and came down with another strike. His blade crashed down on the shield causing it to crack further but it could still hold up against another attack. Koga brought his blade around for the final strike and smashed it hard into the shield. Having already been critically damage the shield shattered into pieces falling to the ground. The various shards soon dissipated and vanished away. With that being done Tenkai was finished with the Enkosen and was ready to head off. He took the scrolls from his sleeve and placed them back in Takahashi-sensei's office and came back out to meet with Koga.*

"Well Koga, thanks for the help. I wouldn't have been able to manage it without you. I guess now we should get those dummies moving back to your class."

"Don't worry about it Tenkai, I'm always happy to help out. As for the dummies, yeah let's start moving them back to my class. The sooner we get that done the sooner you can go ahead and get some rest."

*Tenkai and Koga then made their multiple trips of moving the dummies back to Koga's class. It took them about six trips again to move all of them back to the class before they were done. With all of the work completed now they parted ways and Tenkai went off to his dorm. He was going to go to sleep for some well deserved rest once he got there. He was exhausted and some rest was just what he needed.*

Sentence Count: 150
Back to top Go down
Tenkai Bushinji
Tier 4
Tenkai Bushinji

RP Profile

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:13 am

*Tenkai arrived at his kidou class that morning. He walked onto the range and noticed that there were half a dozen students that had arrived there before he did. He wasn't exactly concerned about showing up later then he usually did so he just nonchalantly walked onto the range. He headed towards the back office where Takahashi-sensei was most likely to be. He slowly slid the door open revealing his teacher sitting down on his mat drinking his usual morning tea. Tenkai went ahead and entered the office and sat himself down on the mat in front of Takahashi-sensei. He was offered a cup of tea which he happily accepted. After sipping away at his tea for a while he placed the cup down next to the mat he was sitting on to begin conversation with Takahashi-sensei.*

"Takahashi-sensei, I have managed to complete both the Tsuriboshi and Enkosen yesterday. Though I really don't think the Tsuriboshi will come in to any practical use the Enkosen however seems extremely useful. I suppose it could be considered a more powerful version of the Seki. Pretty much makes the lesser version obsolete at this point."

"Good work Tenkai. I'm sure at this point though your getting tired of hearing that phrase over and over. Anyway, yes the Tsuriboshi really does not have much real purpose but can prove useful on the occasion. A falling comrade that is injured or unconscious can be one example. Though it does not happen often once again it can prove useful on the occasion. As for the Enkosen it is quite the useful bakudou. A large shield that can defend more readily against enemy attacks. Though it is more powerful then the Seki it doesn't make it entirely obsolete. The Seki though weaker is much smaller and more mobile. That makes it so it can more readily protect against attacks that the Enkosen is much too large to maneuver to protect against. You just have to think about different situations and the uses the bakudou fall into during them."

"I see what you mean Takahashi-sensei. In any means though the variety of kidou I have learned will all have their purpose at some point in time. As of right now they really can't be used to their full potential but are good to have. Hopefully once I graduate I will really be able to test their capabilities on the field of battle. The hadou are especially interesting to me to be able to use. Their destructive powers will prove invaluable against powerful opponents it would seem."

"Indeed they would Tenkai. But once again its all situational. You must be careful when using certain hadou since they all have their own purpose. Though the base of it is to be destructive some are better then others while fighting. A blast is a quick small shot that you can fire to deal effective damage. But in that aspect it is also easily dodged and can be deflected by a ready attacker. A beam type attack takes longer to use but it is generally more powerful and has more pushing force behind it. But because it is slower it can alert your opponent to your activities giving them more then enough time to move out of the way. Both types also can drain your energy considerably with excessive use. The more powerful ones would also obviously drain more energy then the weaker ones. I would recommend not excessively using hadou in combat. Also I would recommend not to use the more powerful ones unless absolutely necessary. If you get exhausted too quick it won't matter how strong you are. If your tired and exhaust all of your reiryoku you won't be able to continue fighting. Being intelligent and cunning in battle is one of your most important tools to have. Just remember that whenever in combat."

"Hmm, I never thought of it like that. I suppose the excessive use would be a bad idea in combat. Being overly excited to actually get a chance to try out those abilities in combat could also be a weakness too. That eagerness could be the downfall of many a powerful warrior. I suppose this is why you are the teacher and I am the student Takahashi-sensei. You are incredibly wise and everything you say I take to heart and use on my way. I suppose now though would be the time to get to work. Today I will be moving on to the bakudou Kakushitsuijaku. Takahashi-sensei, could you inform me as to the purpose of this bakudou. Though I am sure the scroll can tell me how it functions there is only so much knowledge it can impart on me. You being as wise as you are I would rather have tell me about it and inform me to an optimal level."

"Well alright, now about the bakudou. The Kakushitsuijaku is basically a compass or map of sorts. It functions to locate others within the vacinity of your location. If you are in seireitei you can find someone whom you wish to find that is in seireitei. The same would go if you were in karakura town, or if you somehow managed it, hueco mundo. There are some exceptions to the bakudou. If the person your looking for is completely surpressing their reiatsu then you will not be able to locate them. The same would go if a massive reiatsu is getting in the way of the location. Most of the time though the only thing that could cause that is someone of captain class or higher capability. The bakudou itself though isn't even used that much now that I think about it. When you learn to sense other reiatsu that functions more as a location device then using the bakudou. The only time you would need kakushitsuijaku is if the person you wish to locate is very far away and you can't sense their reiatsu, if the person in question has too low of a reiatsu for you to be able to locate or differentiate from others, or if you want more detailed and specific location. The bakudou itself gives the coordinates to the location of the person you are looking for. Obviously though if the person is moving it can be somewhat unreliable. The bakudou will track the person while they are moving as long as you continue to use it so you could track them until they stopped moving. But still they could move once more after you stopped your use of the bakudou. It would basically be at your discretion if you wanted to use it or not."

"Wow, that's quite a bit of information there Takahashi-sensei. As I had thought the wisdom you impart is always great and well thought out. Thank you for fully informing me to the usages of the Kakushitsuijaku. But with that I am now not sure if I should actually go ahead and learn it. Though as you said it has its uses it is also somewhat useless in many cases. Why bother putting in time to learn something that I would not need. Adding on the fact that I could use that time to go ahead and train to learn a different kidou. I would probably be better off going ahead and learning how to perform one of the more advanced hadou or a more further advanced bakudou. Once again I would like to ask you what you think of the dilemma. Your wisdom has helped me many times before. I would ask that it helps me again to try and solve this dilemma that I am now having."

"I would be more then happy to give you more advice Tenkai. In the long run Kakushitsuijaku has its uses but it also has its short comings. One of the major ones obviously being its lack of practical uses. Adding on the lack of the number of times the opportunity would arise to use it. It is another discretion question for this bakudou. It would honestly be up to you if you wanted to learn it or not. There is a positive side though before I leave you to decide. Though it doesn't always have its uses when the use does come up it would be good to have it. As well as the fact that to truly master all of the shinigami arts you would need knowledge of all the available kidou. Kakushitsuijaku will add to your knowledge of kidou over all and help you in the future. Though its direct use is not entirely a great concept there are many passive uses that is has that are invaluable. I hope that my wisdom would once again help you and to aid you in proceeding forward with your learning."

"Once again Takahashi-sensei I would like to offer my thanks. Your invaluable wisdom has helped me see a side to the bakudou that I would not have seen before. Though in the long run it is true that it does not have many uses directly there are other purposes. General knowledge will be useful in all cases and learning the Kakushitsuijaku will indeed increase that. As you had also said it would be imperative to learn the bakudou to master the art of kidou. I would hope to eventually be able to learn all of the kidou and master them all as well. I wish to be able to master all of the arts and as such become as powerful as I can be. If I did not learn this bakudou I would be missing a small but important part of this art. As such I would not truly be a master of it in the end. I cannot abide by that and I thank for helping me see that error. I will go ahead and begin my training with the Kakushitsuijaku. I hope you would not mind if I used you as a location target while practicing."

"Not at all Tenkai, you may do as you please as long as it does not involve anything breaking or anyone being hurt. Now go off and begin your training. You haven't the time to be sitting here taking any more advice from myself."

*Tenkai got up from the mat and finished his tea. Afterwords he left the office leaving the door open behind him so that Takahashi-sensei could also leave and tend to the class. Tenkai went ahead and knelt down beside the office to begin practicing the bakudou. He took a small bottle of ink that he had gotten from Takahashi-sensei and poured it out onto a small plate like container that he could use without spilling it everywhere. Tenkai went ahead and dipped both of his thumbs into the ink and started to draw out the necessary symbols and letterings needed for the bakudou. Once it was complete Tenkai wiped his hands off on a rag he had also gotten from Takahashi-sensei and began to recite the incantation to the bakudou. Simultaneously Tenkai brought his hands down to the ground and placed them down in front of the symbols he had drawn. The circular symbol began to glow a bright blue as he began to use the bakudou.*

"Heart of the south, eye of the north, finger of the west, foot of the east, arrive with the wind and depart with the rain!! Bakudou #58, Kakushitsuijaku!!"

*In the circle images began to flicker before Tenkai's eyes. They were not in fact images as Tenkai thought them to be but numbers flying by very quickly. They began to slow down revealing a set of numbers which would be latitudes and longitudes. They would give Tenkai the location of where Takahashi-sensei currently was. According to the coordinates given Takahashi-sensei was only a few yards away from Tenkai on the other side of the range. It appeared that this bakudou wasn't one that required much training only a good ability to focus. Tenkai was more then good at focusing and had managed to use the bakudou efficiently the first time. He wanted to go ahead and give it one more shot just for good measure anyway. Tenkai took his hands away from the symbol causing it to return to its normal black coloring and for the numbers to vanish. He then began to recite the incantation once more and thrust his palms down in front of the symbol.*

"Heart of the south, eye of the north, finger of the west, foot of the east, arrive with the wind and depart with the rain. Bakudou #58, Kakushitsuijaku!!"

*The circular symbols once again began to glow blue and the numbers flashed quickly. Tenkai held his palms down to the ground and focused on using the bakudou. The numbers eventually began to slow making the numbers more visible as they continued to move. Eventually the numbers stopped moving leaving two numbers in the center circle. These numbers were once again the coordinates to the location of Takahashi-sensei. Tenkai was satisfied with the work he had put in for the bakudou. He had been able to use it effectively on the first attempt and there was no difference on the second. Cleaning up the ink on the ground Tenkai then collected up his supplies. He placed the ink bottle and rag back into Takahashi-sensei's office. After then cleaning out the plate like container he left that on Takahashi-sensei's desk as well. Now having completed his work he just needed to figure out if he would continue on to another kidou or just leave it as was. He could continue on and begin work on the hadou Raikouhou but the work he would need to put in was tremendous. He just wanted to get on to Koga and begin his work on the reiryoku training once again. But he also came to a crossroads with himself. He had learned the Kakushitsuijaku since he wanted to attain every bit of knowledge that he could. The Raikouhou was another piece of knowledge that was much more useful then the bakudou was. If now was not an example of something he should learn then he didn't know what was. Still the work needed was enough to make Tenkai contemplate continuing.*

Sentence Count: 152
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kidou Practice Range   Kidou Practice Range I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kidou Practice Range
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next